Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester
40 Posts
So it's the driver's side door that's the root of the problem though, right? Just want to make sure I don't have to go back to the passenger side. The controls work on the driver's side, both door and window, it's just that I can't control the passenger window from the driver's side.

Also, does the "wires pushed up" refer to the colored wires going into the white thing? Like, say I worried that I might've pulled on them so I tried jamming them in further? :N_poke: Might I have pushed in too much?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,197 Posts
Also, does the "wires pushed up" refer to the colored wires going into the white thing?
Asking if the wires in the white connector look like they were pushed up, which would prevent them from seating correctly in the black socket.

Assuming the connector(s) didn't separate, so they didn't have to be repinned, my guess is connector seating... not fully inserted or bent pins.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
2018 Forester
40 Posts
The pins look perfect, but I can't tell about connector seating. Dunno if the photos I'm attaching show anything out of the ordinary.

This is a 2018 Forester. If I look at one of those diagrams will it tell me which wire is for the passenger window? Looking at electrical stuff is like a foreign language to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Forester
40 Posts
Welp, going back and trying to fix things just made auto up/down now not work on the driver's and passenger side. And didn't fix the problem with controlling the passenger window from the driver's side.

Since I bought the extended warranty, I wonder if I can make a $50 visit "count" with having them fix my window debacle and also install my new mud flaps and wheel arch moldings. Maybe throw in a good vacuuming too, since I lost my pet hair vacuum attachment and getting fur out of auto carpet is a never ending battle.

Edit: Auto down on driver's seems to work. Passenger doesn't, but maybe I just need to "reset" it or something, like doing up up down up down or something.
Still nada on controlling passenger from driver's side.

·
Registered
2018 Forester
40 Posts
So magically today everything works fine and dandy. Dunno if some car fairy came & visited in the night or something and fixed things, but now I can control everything and auto up/down works and everything. And no, I didn't have the windows on lock when I had my problem. Let's hope everything stays good.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0iP CVT
3 Posts
Welp, going back and trying to fix things just made auto up/down now not work on the driver's and passenger side. And didn't fix the problem with controlling the passenger window from the driver's side.

Since I bought the extended warranty, I wonder if I can make a $50 visit "count" with having them fix my window debacle and also install my new mud flaps and wheel arch moldings. Maybe throw in a good vacuuming too, since I lost my pet hair vacuum attachment and getting fur out of auto carpet is a never ending battle.

Edit: Auto down on driver's seems to work. Passenger doesn't, but maybe I just need to "reset" it or something, like doing up up down up down or something.
Still nada on controlling passenger from driver's side.
Sir was the picture on your previous post the one that you did on your car and is now working fine?
I have the same problem, it was pulled out by the intaller of my speaker and cannot return it to function properly.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.0iP CVT
3 Posts
I accidentally pulled out the wires from the socket of the driver side window switch. Does anyone here got a diagram for 2015 Subaru Forester 2.0iP?
Thanks In Advance.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
1 Posts
Thanks for this thread. I have had to repin the connector also. Never did this before, and trying to figure out the orientation of the wires as they go into the pin. There is a smoother flat side(where no copper is visible), and a less smooth side where the copper wires are visible. Which side faces out?

Electronics Electronic component Electronic engineering Technology Electrical connector

·
Administrator
41,197 Posts
I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon!

I've never had to repin one, but my guess is that the side that has the tab faces out so the retainer... the cover prevents the pins from pulling out when it's snapped on.

Bobby...

·
Registered
2001 Lifted Forester automatic
6 Posts
Is anyone willing to take a picture of their d7 harness from a 2008 forester? I dont think
I got it back together correctly. I see several people have asked the same question. If i had
A clear picture i think i could follow that better than a schematic. My hang up is the two
Black/green wires. One is a much heavier guage.

·
Administrator
41,197 Posts
@2001doug I'm assuming you're using the diagram below.

There were changes made, over the years, where some of the wire colors were changes. The green-black wire is pin [13], but the pin [18] wire was changed from orange to black-green in some years. If this is the case on your connector, then you're going to have to pick one of the green-black wires for [13] & place the other one in [18].

If there's still a problem, swap the two black-green wires.

Bobby...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks! I will swap the wires and try again. I know i have a bad switch.
I didnt want to plug the new one in not knowing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I thought about it afterwards! I fixed it this morning early before work.
I will try again later.

·
Registered
2011 Forester S
4 Posts
Original thread title before merge - 2011 - RHD door wiring harness D7 wire positions?
Hello all , i'm a newbie and have similar problem to may .Tried to remove the D7 connector and ended up with a bunch of 15 wires , dose anyone have photo of the wire positions for a 2011 forester . PS i'm in australia.
Cheers

·
Administrator
41,197 Posts
@tecnott any luck on this? I have wiring diagrams, but they're for LHD & I suspect you have RHD. On that thread I linked you to on my previous post, there is a difference between LHD & RHD on the earlier model years & I'm guessing on the later models.

Bobby...

·
Registered
2011 Forester S
4 Posts
Hello Bobby , no luck as yet tried a 12 wire harness from the auto wreckers all windows work except the drivers the 3 extra wires on my harness go to the window motor and appear to be part of the auto up /auto down function . Thanks for your reply.
Cheers

81 - 100 of 118 Posts