Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was taking the driver door panel off today and I was having trouble with the wiring harnes clip for the door locks and windows. While I was trying to pop the clip off, the 12+ colored wires came out of the white plastic connector clip that I was trying to disconnect! Nothing is broken, but now I have no idea which of the 12 colored wires goes into which slot in the wire harness connector clip. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a print out of which order those wires go in so that I can put the clip back together?
thanks!:icon_redface:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! D7 seems to be what i am working with. I'll give it a shot tomorrow. thanks!

·
Registered
2004 ForesterXT
59 Posts
Driver side power window switch wiring

:chair: I was removing my front driver door panel and was trying to disconnect the wiring harness from the door handle. However, I opened the plastic white wiring clip and exposed all 12 connectors inside! Now, I don't know which wire goes into which hole...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i did it too, but kevin's diagram, and the color code chart here below makes it pretty easy......except that now my windows don't go down:icon_frown: i think that when i put the clip together, a couple of the wires were not pushed down far enough and they are not making good contact...

Color Code Help

·
Registered
3 Posts
I"m trying to help a friend that did the same thing when trying to replace a window. I've followed all the diagrams above but still no joy. None of the windows will work and I've checked the fuses. Can anyone suggest anything that may help. I'm pretty sure I've got the wiring right although I wasn't sure about L. It seems to stand for blue. Any suggestions?

·
30 Meters
2006 XTi - VF39 Protune!
5,892 Posts
Welcome Bobbob! Maybe go deeper about your question? At least the diagrams that were posted aren't helping you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used the diagrams above to work out all the pin outs for plug D7. There are 12 wires and 16 holes in the socket. I came up with 1-L, 2-LR, 3-not used, 4 not used, 5-B, 6-LY, 7-BL, 8-YB, 9-RW, 10-Or, 11-GY, 12-not used, 13-GB, 14-not used, 15-LW, 16-GW. I assume that "L" means BLUE. After connecting it up no buttons on the console will work (all four windows and door lock). I checked the fuses under the dash and under the bonnet and they were good. I'm wondering if the wiring is right. A picture of one woulld be good if anyone has one. It's an 04 model forester

·
Registered
04 Forester
1 Posts
door lock solution

I too had the same problem and here's the answer (based on 2004 Subaru Forester XS):
Top row, left to right. Top row is identified by 2 missing connectors in the middle to allow for connection to harness. 1- Blue, 2- Blue w/red, 3- empty, 4- empty, 5- Black (ground), 6- Blue w/yellow, 7- Black w/blue. Bottom row, left to right. 8- Yellow w/black, 9- Red w/white, 10- Orange, 11- Green w/yellow, 12- empty, 13- Green w/black, 14- empty, 15- Green w/white, 16- Blue w/white.
Happy wiring!

·
Registered
1998 forester
2 Posts
Central door locking pinouts not as wiring diagrams

I've a 2Liter turbo forsester S/tb japanese imported, Im installing an alarm and so require to connect a -ve pulse alarm wire to lock and another -ve pulse wire from the alarm to unlock the doors.
All the wiring diagrams so far for a 1998 forester say red/white to lock and Yel/red to unlock. These coloured wires dont exist between my wire loom and keyless control module (mounted above fuse box).
Anyone know where I can get the wiring diagram for my central door locking?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2008 Forester Prem PZEV
5 Posts
I just did the same with my 2008 Forester. It's apparent easier to disassemble the connector than to pop it off. Problem is the colors are different: mine doesn't have yellow/black or orange wires. Does anyone have the diagram for the 2008? It’s hard to fit all back in and I hope to do it once right.
Thanks

·
Registered
05 Forester xs
2 Posts
Eek! Need the wiring diagram...

I managed to pull the driver side window switch connector apart on my 05 forester xs... I've only found a diagram for headlight leveler, but need instead for the window switch connector. Can someone help me out?

·
Administrator
15,159 Posts
I decided to merge the 2 threads on this topic. There are diagrams earlier in the thread but otherwise PM me your email address twobie and I'll send them to you.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts