Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

821 - 840 of 879 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
That’s an amazing price! Best I have gotten is msrp 32,795 and sale 29,751 for a Limited with a few small add ins (crossbars, floor mats, wheel locks). This is near NYC.
Would you be able to share what dealership this was? I have been searching for the better part of 3 weeks in NYC area and have not seen much close to this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Best quote in my search for a 2020 Touring
Pop Pkg 2 + aerobars = MSRP $36,718
Price quote = $31,196 plus tax/fees

I'm not sure I can squeeze any more juice out of this deal on the west coast. I've been waiting to pull the trigger since March. I didn't need second car and no payment/insurance has been nice. Trying to find the sweet spot between 2020 inventory selection, Covid deals & 2021s showing up. I think the time is now. Do you think it possible to wait until August and still have deals & choices?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm also looking for a Premium in the Denver area. Do you mind if I ask what dealership you went with?
If I can tag on too, I'm helping a relative buy a Premium in the Denver area also. With Option Pkg 2 (keyless, power rear gate, etc.) and the typical mix of port-installed options, the MSRP is $30852. Most of the dealers advertise about a $2200 discount (which puts the car basically at invoice with the dealer pocketing the holdback and any mfg incentives), but Truecar and other sources indicate something in the range of $3500-$4000 off might be possible. I've offered $27K + TTL ($3852 off MSRP) with no takers (or serious counters) so far. Any experiences appreciated.

- Mark

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will say that so far, this is the best quote I've gotten in the Denver area in my Premium search:

2020 Forester Premium - Blue Horizon Pearl
w/ option package 14 (Blind spot, rear traffic, lane assist, push button start)
Other options included:
Mirror Compass w/Homelink
Crossbar Set
Splash Guards
All weather floor liners
Rear bumper cover
Cargo Tray

MSRP including options and a $1,010 destination/delivery charge: $30,302
Price quoted: $25,786 + Title/Tax/DH = $27,533 OTD

Seems like a pretty good deal. Wondering what others think

Also, just curious. Has anyone gotten a build coupon recently? I did one this past weekend (Saturday I think) and one yesterday. I've seen that it can take 2-4 days to get sent. I'm wondering if I should hold out a couple more days to see if it arrives.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will say that so far, this is the best quote I've gotten in the Denver area in my Premium search:

Other options included:
Crossbar Set
Splash Guards
All weather floor liners
Rear bumper cover
Cargo Tray

Also, just curious. Has anyone gotten a build coupon recently? I did one this past weekend (Saturday I think) and one yesterday. I've seen that it can take 2-4 days to get sent. I'm wondering if I should hold out a couple more days to see if it arrives.
This may be the best total OTD that I've seen plus with the add-ons. I've been trying to get to that ballpark but because of the state that I live in it's pretty damn difficult.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help please! Grand Subaru in IL gave me good quotes, but another dealer said once I get to the door they will change. Anyone knows about it? True? I live far.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Other options included:
Crossbar Set
Splash Guards
All weather floor liners
Rear bumper cover
Cargo Tray

I wish I could find deals like that around here! Seems solid to me.

When asked what I wanted to pay, I offered $26,500 not including tax, title etc.. for a $30,302 premium and was told I wasn't even close. I'd have a new car by now if I got the deal you did.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
44 Posts
Help please! Grand Subaru in IL gave me good quotes, but another dealer said once I get to the door they will change. Anyone knows about it? True? I live far.
If you think the price is good ... put a $500 deposit down on the deal over the phone before you drive to a dealership far away. That way, the price is locked in ... and the dealership can't claim they sold the car an hour before you arrived. Have them email you a receipt on the car, listing the sale price, deposit and VIN of the specific car.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Other options included:
Crossbar Set
Splash Guards
All weather floor liners
Rear bumper cover
Cargo Tray

That seems like a great deal. About 500 under what I was able to get my Premium w/ similar options for in the Seattle area. I'd look at how many other premiums they have in stock with a similar build and decide to wait for the coupon if they have a few in stock. Realistically, most dealerships are sitting on a lot of stock right now and not that many people are buying to make up for the months when no one was buying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That seems like a great deal. About 500 under what I was able to get my Premium w/ similar options for in the Seattle area. I'd look at how many other premiums they have in stock with a similar build and decide to wait for the coupon if they have a few in stock. Realistically, most dealerships are sitting on a lot of stock right now and not that many people are buying to make up for the months when no one was buying.
Hey! I tried to message you. Which dealership did you go with? I'm struggling to find a dealer that's willing to offer the OTD w/TTL that you got.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My significant other purchased a new Forester last Wednesday. Five days later, I received a $500 build coupon from Subaru. She called the dealership and was directed to Subaru of America who said it wasn't possible because the purchase already happened. I'm not upset as I thought the coupons were no longer being distributed, and the fine print says not applicable for prior purchases. I do wish I hadn't gotten the impression from this thread that the coupons were no longer being sent from the website.

Also, one user spoke about transferring their coupon. As the coupons are tied to the name and address of the person who built the vehicle online, I can't see how this would ever work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day. Just want to let everyone know, as I called the customer hotline of Subaru. They don’t offer the $500 off/coupon (Build coupon) anymore.😭
This seems like bad information that cost you and I $500! They are still issuing them out, it just takes awhile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best quote in my search for a 2020 Touring
Pop Pkg 2 + aerobars = MSRP $36,718
Price quote = $31,196 plus tax/fees

I'm not sure I can squeeze any more juice out of this deal on the west coast. I've been waiting to pull the trigger since March. I didn't need second car and no payment/insurance has been nice. Trying to find the sweet spot between 2020 inventory selection, Covid deals & 2021s showing up. I think the time is now. Do you think it possible to wait until August and still have deals & choices?
Oh, man. Would you mind sharing your price breakdown on that Touring? I'm in the Seattle area and can't crack $32.8k on these dealers... hopefully you're nearby, too, and I can piggyback on your dealer! 😜

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure how much more breakdown I can provide. Popular pkg 32 is auto-dim side mirrors w/ approach lights and auto-dim rearview mirror w/ compass & Homelink. plus bumper cover, floor liners, cargo net. The vehicle also had aero bars. The price was $31,196. Tax/fees don't translate state to state, or even city to city, so I left that out. I cast a wide net Bay Area through Sacramento. A 1 or 2 hr drive to save $ and enjoy a ride home in a new car is a no brainer trade-off. I think I was near rock bottom as 3 dealers flat out said they couldn't touch that price. You may see a slight supply shortage on lots, but there is still the inventory at the ports that they didn't have room to offload and 2021s are coming. Some dealers want to clear the inventory at a minimal profit or loss & others are trying to maximize profit on each transaction. Once they separate themselves into those groups, you can choose who to keep working with. My home dealer had to drop out after giving me his best shot, but I told him I'd still be coming in for whatever service work I don't do on my own. The fact is there's more $ for him there anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paid 26,450 out the door for my 2020 Subaru Forester Base model. Came with Alloy wheel package and auto dimming rearview mirror w/homelink. I believe the sale price was around 23,000. My girlfriend also got a $200 check from the dealership for the referral as well. No coupon used and I'm located in New Jersey
Also bought Thule roof racks immediately off Facebook market place for $60 which I thought was a steal.😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure how much more breakdown I can provide. Popular pkg 32 is auto-dim side mirrors w/ approach lights and auto-dim rearview mirror w/ compass & Homelink. plus bumper cover, floor liners, cargo net. The vehicle also had aero bars. The price was $31,196. Tax/fees don't translate state to state, or even city to city, so I left that out. I cast a wide net Bay Area through Sacramento. A 1 or 2 hr drive to save $ and enjoy a ride home in a new car is a no brainer trade-off. I think I was near rock bottom as 3 dealers flat out said they couldn't touch that price. You may see a slight supply shortage on lots, but there is still the inventory at the ports that they didn't have room to offload and 2021s are coming. Some dealers want to clear the inventory at a minimal profit or loss & others are trying to maximize profit on each transaction. Once they separate themselves into those groups, you can choose who to keep working with. My home dealer had to drop out after giving me his best shot, but I told him I'd still be coming in for whatever service work I don't do on my own. The fact is there's more $ for him there anyway.
Thanks for posting the extra details.

I'm just north of Seattle (1+ hour) and running into to most of the dealers staying at invoice pricing. Only one has come in at $32.8k for Touring, but none have been able to match. I've been working with 7 dealers within 100 miles, but I think I need to cast a wider net to get better pricing.

I barely got one dealer to give a $32k offer for a Limited (w/ RAB) but he got sour about it real quick.

821 - 840 of 879 Posts