Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be interested to see more 2020 sales here. I'm looking at a Sport on Friday, and they seem pretty scarce around here whether you're looking for 2019 or 2020.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll be interested to see more 2020 sales here. I'm looking at a Sport on Friday, and they seem pretty scarce around here whether you're looking for 2019 or 2020.
I just put a deposit on a 2020 Limited (w/popular package #3 and HK package) slated to arrive end of October. I figured this was probably the best I could do considering it's a 2020 model. There are just no 2019 Limited models left here (WI/IL area) with the features and color that I want.

MSRP: $34,850
Invoice: $32,164
Selling Price: $30,920

I've only driven a Sport so far, so hopefully I find the leather seats in the Limited just as comfortable! I'm a little worried they'll be too hard at first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just put a deposit on a 2020 Limited (w/popular package #3 and HK package) slated to arrive end of October. I figured this was probably the best I could do considering it's a 2020 model. There are just no 2019 Limited models left here (WI/IL area) with the features and color that I want.

I've only driven a Sport so far, so hopefully I find the leather seats in the Limited just as comfortable! I'm a little worried they'll be too hard at first.
That is really an impressive deal. Do you mind sharing the name of the dealers? Thanks a lot!

To be honest, the dealers in IL are quite firm when they hear that I am from MN. :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts

That's a nice deal! I put a deposit on a 2020 Limited last weekend and my dealer (in Virginia) was firm and would not dip below the listed invoice price. Ended up paying a small amount above invoice. I don't have the exact numbers with me at the moment, but I'll edit my post later with those details.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sure! This was Berman Subaru in Chicago. Maybe it's because it's the end of the month that they gave me a good price. I'd also recommend looking at Wilde Subaru in Milwaukee. They also gave me some good quotes for a Touring, but I decided that I ultimately didn't want that trim, and they didn't have any Limiteds coming in that met my criteria. Let me know if you have anymore questions!
Thanks a lot for your info!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
181 Posts
Could someone assist me on figuring out the dealer invoice price for this car?

2020 Subaru Forester Sport
MSRP $33,247

Included Packages & Options
  • Audio Sys/Drvr Ast Tech/Rev Auto Brake/Pwr Rr Gate $2,045
    • Radio: Subaru Starlink 8.0" Multimedia Plus System
    • harman kardon 576W Amp & Speaker System
    • Blind Spot Detection w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    • Reverse Automatic Braking System
    • Power Rear Gate
Included Options
  • Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror w/Approach Lighting $235
  • Splash Guards $175
  • Rear Bumper Cover $128
  • Rear Seatback Protector $93
  • Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass & HomeLink $365
  • All-Weather Floor Liners $132

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We bought a 2020 Gray Sport for my wife tonight with some nice options. I probably could have haggled better but we ended up at $300 over invoice, so I’m pretty happy with the deal. That took about $2000 off the sticker out-the-door price.

·
Registered
2009 Hyundai
11 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I'm from NY, actually Long Island specifically, so keep that in mind as I ask, Is this a good deal?

I just put a deposit on a 2020 Sport with the options listed below (basically Package 22 plus auto dimming mirror and floor liners, etc.)

MSRP: 31,822
Agreed upon price: 30,099 (this is exactly at invoice)

No, it's not the fairytale deal that I see in these forums or that I dreamed of, but considering my location and the demand, I think I did well.

I plan to call Subaru tomorrow morning and try to get the $500 owner loyalty coupon which will also help.

Included Packages & Options
  • Audio Sys & Driver Assist Tech Pg & Rev Auto Brake$795
    • Radio: Subaru Starlink 8.0" Multimedia Plus System
    • Blind Spot Detection w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    • Reverse Automatic Braking System
    Other Options
    • All-Weather Floor Liners$132
      Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass$245
      Ice Silver Metallic Body Side Molding$279
      Ice Silver Metallic Door Edge Guards$170
      Rear Bumper Cover$128

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring HT-CVT
512 Posts
Invoice is very meh, though it is a 2020 so that might be harder to score a deal on.

Go try to get an internet quote from Riverhead Subaru. They might give you a better price if you try pushing them down some.

·
Registered
2009 Hyundai
11 Posts
Invoice is very meh, though it is a 2020 so that might be harder to score a deal on.

Go try to get an internet quote from Riverhead Subaru. They might give you a better price if you try pushing them down some.
Yeah, I intended to buy a 2019 but there aren't many left. the one I inquired about at Competition sold. Originally dealer wouldn't go below 31k but he agreed to invoice. I'm not sure it's possible to get this package for the prices I see in this forum in this area.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, I went in last Saturday, to negotiate a new sport and I left with a

2020 Forester Sport in Ice Metallic
Option : $2,045
• Blind Spot Detection / Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)
• STARLINK® 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus
• Harman Kardon® audio
• Power Rear Gate

Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass and HomeLink - $365
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror with Approach Light - $235
MSRP - $32,650

Agreed price $29,895.

I didn't get the bumper guard because I had that on my crosstrek and from my experience it made the car look worse. I prefer the cleaner look.
I prefer to add my own aftermarket accessories such as the mud guards, all weather mats etc.

I put a deposit down of $500 and placed an order for the 2020 and my CA is telling me 4 to 6 weeks. Are these built in Japan or Indiana? My quick research shows Japan and I'm wondering how it is possible to produce a car that quick. When I ordered cars from BMW it would take 3 months from Germany and for X5's it only took 5 weeks from South Carolina plant.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
207 Posts
I am in the market to for a 20' Touring this fall, I am flexible on the timing. I see some people in this thread putting deposits down and negotiating the price. What is the advantage of doing that vs. simply waiting a month or two until there are tons of 20' MY vehicles on the lots? Which approach would yield a better deal?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I went in last Saturday, to negotiate a new sport and I left with a

2020 Forester Sport in Ice Metallic
Option : $2,045
• Blind Spot Detection / Rear Cross Traffic Alert
• Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB)
• STARLINK® 8.0-inch Multimedia Plus
• Harman Kardon® audio
• Power Rear Gate

Auto-Dimming Mirror with Compass and HomeLink - $365
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror with Approach Light - $235
MSRP - $32,650

Agreed price $29,895.

I didn't get the bumper guard because I had that on my crosstrek and from my experience it made the car look worse. I prefer the cleaner look.
I prefer to add my own aftermarket accessories such as the mud guards, all weather mats etc.

I put a deposit down of $500 and placed an order for the 2020 and my CA is telling me 4 to 6 weeks. Are these built in Japan or Indiana? My quick research shows Japan and I'm wondering how it is possible to produce a car that quick. When I ordered cars from BMW it would take 3 months from Germany and for X5's it only took 5 weeks from South Carolina plant.
I don’t think you need to wait. Just bough 2020 Sport with pkg# 24 On Sunday. New Foresters are coming in everyday. Got a good price and $500 loyalty voucher to sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I don’t think you need to wait. Just bough 2020 Sport with pkg# 24 On Sunday. New Foresters are coming in everyday. Got a good price and $500 loyalty voucher to sweeten the deal.
There are no 2020's available in the color and options I want.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Don‘t the new Subies come with complimentary maintenance for 2 years, so essentially $890 for one more year of oil change?
I've never heard of this for a Subaru.. only BMW's offer free maintenance for 3 years.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Look more. They are filling up dealers' lot in So. Cal.
I'm in the east coast.. I searched in my areas but I'd rather receive a car that no one has touched or kicked the tires. :)
I don't mind waiting 6 weeks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That $32,379 is a good starting point. I'd never pay what the dealer offers. They'll never offer their rock bottom price, no matter what they tell you.

I paid $32000 - $1879 below invoice - for my Touring, but I know I could've done better. I just don't know how much better.

It's now October. My guess is that some if not most dealers will accept $2000 below invoice on 2019 Tourings now or very soon, but you probably have to offer that in person, stand firm, and be prepared to walk when they counteroffer. You wait until November or December and you might get $2500 below invoice.
Ray, Would you mind listing your total out the door price or a break down of your total pricing? I know taxes may be different, but we offered $34,300 out the door to a PA dealer and they said $35,300 was their lowest price. I think they have a lot more room, so I refused. This was via email and the Touring had pkg 3 with a couple other little extras. Our price would have had a selling price of about $32K. No idea about the invoice. Did they give you the invoice info? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 162 Posts