Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

341 - 360 of 1775 Posts

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
The size is right, but they're just sitting there to see how they look. I kinda like the yellow with the WRB. I agree, it may look odd with other colors. :confused:

The problem I see is getting the lights mounted to something solid & to do that, the plastic front will need to come off... doesn't sound like fun to me. :shake:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
If you're referring to the grill covered opening, I don't think the angle is correct. You'd have to see what the Limited bumper looks like, where they placed the fog lights. :confused:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Hmmm... when our taste of fall (rain) clears, I'll take another look at the grill openings. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2008 Forester Sports
17 Posts
I don't have fog lights and it has never been a problem. If anything I would rather put in the headlights like in the new outbacks.

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #348
I assume you're referring the the new HID lights? :confused: IMO, it's not how bright or intense the light is, but how it's directed where you need it. :wink:

I MODded my '03 so the fog lights can be turned on anytime the side markers & tail lights are on. I found most of the time, I could run my Daylight Running lights with the fogs & that's all the light I need at night. They're more than enough light, unless it crappy weather, then I switch to the headlights. That's coming from a person that has trouble seeing at night! :icon_eek:

The main reason I like running fog lights at night, especially during crappy weather (like we get) is to light up the sides of the road, like curves & ditches. The fogs are designed to produce a beam that has a flat top & is wider than the standard headlight or driving light. That's why they're mounted as low as possible to get under the fog layer. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Something like a PIAA 1451 would probably fit but you'd likely have to fab up a mount and bezel or something to make sure they were aimed right.
I looked at the grill location this morning & I think the opening is too far to the side. If you did get a light in there, there's no way the two lights could give you good center coverage. Side coverage would be very good, but more like turning or curve lights. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT
2,485 Posts
I think you're right. There's just not enough surface area that faces forward. Unless you got some REALLY small lights or made a bezel that stuck out from the face of the bumper I don't see how you could make lights work there.

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
You'd have to make a housing that would have to stick outward. I think it would look kinda strange. :huh:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
I like how they light up the sides so you can see the edges of the road when turning. They're especially good in the country where it's pitch black! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Got to have somewhere to post my MODs :lol:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #357 (Edited)
I have at least 3 complete MODs to post & write up, but I've been too busy working on other MODs. :biggrin: I had plans to finish installing the gauge senders today, but it rained last night & I have to work outside. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Administrator
38,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
You do know if you don't park in the garage, it has a habit of filling up with "stuff" :icon_eek:

Bobby...

341 - 360 of 1775 Posts