The Seventh Sister
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere on the West Coast
Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XT Premium
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Please READ before posting in this forum!
NOTE: You must be registered for a minimum of 15 days and have contributed 15 "worthwhile" posts to be able to post new threads in any of the Classifieds section forums. If your user title reads "New User" (registered less than 15 days) you can reply to other members' threads, but not yet start your own.
► Spamming/Post Whoring the forum to reach the required post count will not be tolerated! Ads will be removed without notice and infractions issued.
Selling your Vehicle on subaruforester.org
Please adhere to the following set of guidelines when posting your vehicle for sale in this forum:
General Code of Conduct
- This forum is intended for private vehicle sales only - absolutely no dealer postings.
- Whole cars in running condition only, please. Rolling chassis vehicles or parts cars must be listed in the "Parts for Sale" forum.
- List the car YOU are selling - please, no listings on behalf of non-members or for vehicles that you have yet to acquire.
- The description of the vehicle for sale must be provided in your thread. Please do not post links to FS threads on other sites, Craigslist posts, ebay listings, etc. in lieu of providing your own complete description.
- Include an asking price - don't just ask for offers.
- You must actively monitor your FS thread, replying to member questions. If you are not actively monitoring your FS thread, it will be closed.
- No "Feelers" or "gauging interest" threads - the car is either for sale/trade or it isn't. Do not list a car here just to see what it may be worth to someone if you are not fully committed to selling. There are many online vehicle appraisers (KBB, NADA, Edmunds TMV) available for that purpose, or you may ask for other members' input in the "What's My Foz Worth?" thread. When you're ready to sell/trade, post it up here with a price.
- Location Location Location! Please include the location of the vehicle - state abbreviation in the thread title at the bare minimum.
- We highly suggest adding pictures to your FS post. Provide them from as many angles as possible, including interior shots and close-ups of any damage or blemishes. You can post images using the "Manage Attachments" feature in the post editor, or use free hosting services like imgur or TinyPic.
- Once you've closed the deal, please mark your listing as SOLD. You may also use the "Report Post" button on your listing to send a request to the forum staff to close your thread. FS threads that have been inactive for more than 30 days are subject to closure by the forum staff.
- No price police, please - members post their cars here in good faith and list it at a price that they want or think it is worth. If someone posts a price that is too high, they will find out on their own. If they list a price OBO, you may offer what you feel is fair, but DO NOT REPLY just to complain about someone's price if you're not interested in purchasing the car. This will not be tolerated and the post will be deleted as needed.
- Please exercise respect. It's okay to compliment a seller on their car and wish them a successful sale, but this is not the place to get into lengthy debates on mods, prices, colors, or anything else.
- If you are interested in a vehicle listed here, please contact the seller by PM. We do not encourage the practice of openly posting your personal contact information (email address, phone number) on the forum for all to see, as it can be harvested by web-crawling spam bots among other things.
- If you run across a listing for a vehicle on another site that you'd like to share, please do not post it in this forum - use the Bargain Alley instead.
Last edited by pleiad7; 01-01-2013 at 01:39 PM.