Getting ready to move out of state, so we're downsizing our fleet and it's time to let go...
2004 Forester XT with Premium Package
(black leather interior, moonroof, auto trans) - 217,xxx miles, clean title and smog certificate in hand.
Asking $5900 obo.
This is a one-owner vehicle, originally purchased by me in September of 2003.
Lifetime California car, has never seen snow and has no rust.
Zero accidents or fender benders, none, nada.
Extremely well maintained - all major services and installs performed by LIC Motorsports in Novato, CA (have records), and DIY oil changes every 4-5k miles with quality synthetic.
Many performance upgrades, including STI turbo and TMIC, and custom ECUtek tune provided by Tim Bailey when he was head honcho at PDX Tuning in Portland. Full current mod list here.
Note: the car is currently running the stock intake and exhaust system for smog reasons, but sale will include the SPT short ram intake and TurboXS turboback exhaust system with SPT muffler.
Most recent major service done in July of 2018 at 211k miles included:
- brand-new VF48 turbo
- timing belt (w/LIC Motorsport TB kit - Gates Racing TB, hydraulic tensioner, 4 idlers)
- OEM water pump
- crank seal
- fuel filter
- ATF drain & fill with Subaru ATF-HP
- rear differential drain & fill w/Swepco 80/90 gear oil
- spark plugs
- coolant flush & refill with OEM blue Super Coolant
- A/C system overhaul w/new compressor and belt
- brake fluid flush with ATE Type 200 DOT4 brake fluid
- 4-wheel alignment
In addition, new OEM brake pads were just installed last month on all 4 corners.
- The engine weeps some oil from the valve cover gaskets and oil cooler gasket. Also, like any high mileage Subaru engine, it has some blow-by. Under normal driving it needs to be topped off with a quart or so of oil between changes.
- The moonroof motor no longer works.
- The Alpine head unit's dockable Blackbird GPS unit has quit, but it was pretty long in the tooth anyway and Alpine never provided any mapping updates.
- OEM fog lights are missing.
- Aux lights on the light bar will need to be rewired.
As can be expected from a 200k+ mile car, there are some minor nicks, dings, and scratches on the body, but no dents or body damage. The paint is in good condition for its age, but there is some clearcoat fading on the passenger side c-pillar cover (which pops off and can be replaced with a nicer one).
EXTRAS INCLUDED WITH SALE:
- Full turboback exhaust (TurboXS Stealthback with high flow cat and SPT Muffler)
- SPT short ram intake with CARB sticker
- Curt trailer hitch and OEM trailer wiring harness (not installed).
- 4 black OEM Tokyo Roki oil filters (15208AA100), discontinued since 2008!
- OEM roof rack bars that came with the car.
- One extra FF100 aux light for the light bar, still in original packaging.
This is all I can think of for now, but I'm probably forgetting some stuff... any questions, just ask.