User Tag List

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: 2.5i Premium
Transmission: Manual
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where are the Short Shifters at?!

This is probably a question that gets asked alot on this forum, but does anyone know if there are any short shifters that can be used on SJ platform? I had heard the the Perrin Short Shifter (PSP-INR-201) is in fact able to fit the SJ model, but I am honestly looking more for something along the lines of the Boomba or Cobb shifters... Has anyone attempted to install either of them? What exactly is the difference between the OEM WRX and Forester shifters that prevents compatability?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:19 AM
Forum Member

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm going to bump this thread up, because I have the same exact question.

We're buying a 2017 with a 6-speed, and my only gripe is how long the throws are.

Our 2015 WRX has a Boomba Short Throw Shift Lever, Perrin shifter bushing, and an Group A transmission mount, and it's damn near perfect. I'd love to mimic the same setup on the Forester, if possible.

Push comes to shove, I'll pull the factory shifter box out of the car and compare/contrast the Forester unit to the take-out WRX unit to see if it's at all compatible.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Transmission and Driveline

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode