('03-'05) no crank no start manual trans Forester - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
no crank no start manual trans Forester

I need some massive help. I have a 04 forester 5 speed base model.
No issues with the vehicle. Came home shut the car off so far so good. At some point I get in turn the key to Acc so i can charge my phone for a few mins, the radio was also playing as it seems to be permanantly on. MAYBE 15 mins later get to start and a half turn and nothing. each time I turn the key silence. so i rolled it down the driveway thinking dead batt, and jump started her. Took her down a steep dirt embankment to a kayaking spot yada yada yada came back no crank no start so...
This is what i have done so far
*Pos terminal had alot of corrosion. thouroughly cleaned and tightened terminal-NCNS
*Tested battery with multimeter 12.62
*Checked terminal (pos of mm to pos post- neg of mm to terminal) No loss in voltage
*Fuses ok relay seems to be bolted in and looks good.
*Power down to the starter 12.62
*Checked the ground by placing pos mm to pos starter- neg mm to copper neg wires bolted to the engine 12.62
*Rapped on the starter-- NCNS
*Bypassed clutch positioning sensor with jumper NCNS
*Tried to jump starter with screw driver sparks and smoke but no crank, i did hear a few rapid type soft clicks once when i was trying to jump the starter
Noticed the ac belt came off and is chewed, probably when I did the roll and jump to started it
I thought if it was the starter or solenoid you would hear clicking or noises from that area as mostly i hear nothing
Cant get to it until morn. too flat to try to pop start it. I dont think
even a tow truck could get where it is. Tomorrow sunny then rain for 2 days and then 2-12 hour shifts so I got 1 day.
ANY real advice would be GREATLY GREATLY appreciated

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2009
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: Manual
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@Bruce Copeland Any updates on this? Any clicking sounds when you turn the key? Any check engine lights on? Interested in hearing the outcome.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Problems, Maintenance, and Warranty

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode