('06-'08) Sti manifold and cross pipe question - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sti manifold and cross pipe question

Another fun year specific question. My understanding is that sti manifolds will only fit on 04-07 foresters due to the oil cooler (same with sti headers). From doing a search on here, it sounds like ‘08 got rid of the cooler sandwich that caused the issue, so I am wondering if there is anything else that would prevent sti manifolds or crossover pipes from working on my ‘08 xt.

see quote in question below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes08SportXT View Post
Actually Subaru eliminated the oil cooler in the 08 which was a costly $300 mistake I made when I installed my ELH.

I still have a brand new sti oil cooler and oil feed pipe sitting in my garage that I don't need. Oh well...at least I had plenty of room to install a Mocal sandwich plate to run an external oil cooler.

Last edited by finboy; 06-10-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 01:10 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 07
Car Model: FXT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is no benefit to the STI exhaust manifold, it is a slightly different version of basically the same thing.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they happen to be a set that i could find locally, i'm planning to do a bit of a polish job and gasket match on them. my main concern is fitment on an '08, and if i need to buy anything else.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 05:06 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 07
Car Model: FXT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Again, why bother? I've had both. I installed them on my 07, they worked fine. The tuner I went to laughed and said it was a complete waste of time. A real header will get you some gains, but nowhere near what everybody would like to believe, it just isn't the primary weak link in the system. Do a turbo upgrade first. Anything bigger than a VF, do the injectors. At 350 whp or more then a good ELH header MIGHT net you 10 whp or so, it ends up being a significant mod with not much payback. Main benefits I've got from going ELH are less boomy exhaust, and more even and slightly lower EGT.

Have you done a VF turbo with supporting mods yet? Way better results for similar money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Engine and Exhaust > EJ25 - 2.5L Turbocharged (2004-2013)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode