Suburban Subaru, Vernon CT - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2017, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Forester
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Suburban Subaru, Vernon CT

My wife and I just purchased a 2017 Forester at Suburban Subaru, Vernon CT. We went to lots of dealers, all brands, looking for our next car. Suburban doesn't look like much, but it's actually a large dealership, all the cars are stored around the back, out of sight. We test drove a Legacy and Forester, at the time we weren't sure if we wanted/needed a sedan or small SUV. The sales lady, Tierra Schaffer, didn't try to sell us something higher priced that we didn't want. Of all the sales people we talked to, she was straightforward and the one we felt comfortable dealing with.

At the end of the day, we got a very fair deal on the Forester, that beat other CT Subaru dealers. Also got TSB 11-175-17 done there after purchase.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: 2.0 FXT-Touring
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nice, congrats and welcome to the Subaru family. I used to buy mine from Secor Subaru in New London CT, but they underwent some changes, and not for the better. I switched to Reynolds Subaru in Hamburg aka Lyme CT, and haven't looked back.

I know nothing.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:08 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: Forester
I had a good experience buying my 2018 Forester at Suburban Subaru,
however: just a couple days after my salesman would not return my calls.
I had a problem with the brakes pulsating. I ended up making an appointment to have it repaired under warranty.
The service department assistant manager tried to blame the brakes on the fact that I had did a Fluid Film underbody application and that I might of sprayed some on the brakes.
I was careful not to, plus it had the problem since day one.
They also didn't like the fact that I had new winter wheels made up. Tried to tell me that he didn't think they were correct for the car.
They are. I had TPMS installed too, authentic subaru ones.
So here's the good part, the mechanic left two nuts in between the wheels and the rotors causing my wheels to wobble. trying to blame it on my new wheels.
So I made it home and ripped it apart and found the problem.
I complained like anyone else would. Well now I have an issue with the assistant manager.
I switched over my winter to the new take off summer wheels and my TPMS light came on.
I went to the dealer and they said that out of three mechanics there they could not reset my dash light and said they need an update from Subaru.
I didn't believe it and went online and purchased a TPMS tool for $200.00 to reset it.
I am looking to change my service shop now and plan to never go back.
I do my own oil changes and whatever else I can do myself.
I would not recommend Suburban Subaru for service unless your lucky enough to never have a problem.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 03:43 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Touring
Transmission: CVT
"So here's the good part, the mechanic left two nuts in between the wheels and the rotors causing my wheels to wobble. trying to blame it on my new wheels."

Bizarre!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Reviews > Dealer/Vendor Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode