User Tag List

26Likes
Closed Thread

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 07:25 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: '06
Car Model: Forester LL Bean
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
He or she started a thread in vendor/dealer reviews specifically to trash a dealer because of a simple battery issue. That's ridiculous. The attitude pouring off of that original post is palpable. I responded in a way that counters their attitude in order to call out the poor behavior.

Dealers, small mechanic shops, and body shops constantly have to deal with customers like this one. One tiny issue and they flip out and act like it's the end of the world. "How dare you not bow down to me, I've bought X products here!" If she simply lost her cool a bit and then spoke to the dealer, made her unhappiness known, and dealt with it professionally, that would be fine.

This was even worse because she didn't even mention it to the dealer or discuss it. As you can see in the snippet I quoted, she was proud of the fact that she didn't speak to them about it. Just instantly ran to a public forum to trash them. She expected a particular level of service without ever communicating that to the dealer. She just went elsewhere to get the problem fixed and then complained publicly, basically saying she's done with them over a very simple and inexpensive thing.

That kind of behavior should not be accepted by anyone. There were multiple replies before mine and no one addressed the obvious attitude and poor behavior of this person. Even your first post, you immediately say "go elsewhere and file a complaint against them." lolwut?? In what world is that proper problem solving for adults? How about TALK TO THE DEALER FIRST AND ATTEMPT TO REMEDY THE SITUATION.

I saw that no one else did, so I decided to speak up. I've seen the same kind of attitude on this forum since I've joined. Age or experience are not valid excuses. You start by being a decent human. I've called each of them out in a way that attempts to correct them and also reign in their bad attitude about what they're experiencing with their cars.

Not cool? Cool. Doesn't matter to me any. I'm the guy who has seen this kind of behavior in person many times over the years, and it's never okay. I'm always going to speak up.

bogieboy likes this.

Last edited by rantlers; 12-18-2017 at 07:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 03
Car Model: forester 2.5x
Transmission: 4 eat
Garage
@rantlers ... the voice of reason.....LOL

valvestem likes this.

bogieboy
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: 2.0 FXT-Touring
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
rantlers

See, I don't disagree with you or your sentiment. I just find it is easier to communicate with people when you aren't putting them down in the process. So, if you had said everything you wanted to say without the attached vitriol (mild as it was), I think I would have "liked" your post instead of ended lecturing (if I did that) instead. Again, I understand what you are saying, and I happen to agree with your main points, just not how you presented them.

In my profession, I see a lot of this as well. All to often actually, but I have learned to address it calmly and without injecting my personal opinion/experience, and somehow, I end up avoiding conflict in the process.

To each their own though.

I know nothing.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2018, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantlers View Post
....a tiny misunderstanding over a $75 battery. Maybe try communicating and discussing it fully next time instead of stomping away in a huff and running to complain to someone else like a 5 year old.
Did you pay my AAA bill for the new battery? If you did not, how did you know it was $75. It was $140.

And I see you have been around the world working around and on cars, so that makes you more knowledgeable than just about everyone else. Thanks for nothing except being rude and sarcastic.
ForesterCub likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Reviews > Dealer/Vendor Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode