User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2000
Car Model: LTD
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Hunter Subaru, NSW, Australia

Hunter Subaru, Maitland, Newcastle, Nsw

I have just bought a 2000 model LTD Forester 1400 000 from Hunter Subaru.

It was all done in 1 day.

From the test drive to the finace to the drive away.

Mike sold us the car, Graham got us the finace (Little hassle after we got the car with a defalt which scard the **** out of me as i had trade me L in and well they had sold it whole sale that day) Mike was slow to the point he never got back to me about the parts that were needed to bring the car up to waht we had asked none the less we have got them...read on

There is only some mixed feelings so fare from sales to parts to service.

We only got 1 key with the car and it is a immobilizer so if we loose the key were scrawed. Gary came to the party with the keyless entry $46 but we had to pay for the second key $120 and keyless entry. Also we were told that we would have to pay for the coding which is $44 each coding.

We then spoke to Wayne in parts which was a pleasant experience. He rang us as soon as the part was in and was more then happy to help.

We had a friend of the family (dont ya love those) that works at Regal Subaru in Newcastle and he said that he could do the coding for nothin.

We then spoke to Simon in the Sevies department at Hunter Subaru and he said " seeing that we bought the car form the dealer and we bought the key and keyless entry that he would do the coding for nothin.

We have to have a bad door switch and a new clear cover on the instrumentation replaced on Wednesday so we will see what the service is like.

Well so far so good

We have the warranty extended to 3 years throght the dealership not one of those third party companys that aint worth the breath to mention.
So when we need a service we will see what that is like to.

PEACE

Bunyip AKA MADMaN

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Alright

Got the car back from the service centre on Wednesday and here is the verdict

The door light staying on is in fact a problem with central locking code excepting module.

It has shagged its self.

Also the only part that is available in Australia is in Brisbane. We have been told that if they will let Hunter Subaru have the part it can be here in 1 day.

Also the keyless remote is not the right part. We were told that we needed the VIN to order the part as in the past they have order of the customer only and the wrong part had been delivered. There was 2 parts that came up on the car when typed in and Murphs Law the wrong one was ordered. As a result the price of the keyless remote has gone from $44 to $182 WOOOO

We also got the key coded for the immobilizer and that was going to cost $44. But Simon (the service manager) said that "because we had bought the car and the parts off him that he would do the code for nothing"

But the key still had to be cut. It was going to cost and extra $44 to do this and we asked why it was so mach when the local locksmith can cut the key for $8. In the end when we picked up the car and Simon had let us have the cut for nothing

We now have no central locking till we get the part. We found this out after coming back from 2 hours of shopping and finding the only door that was locked was the drivers door Lucky no thieves that day HA

In the end it has been a very pleasant experience with the service centre at Hunter Subaru and Simon and his team were great people to talk to and help us.

Peace

MADMaN

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Well......

If you have read this and have been wondering what’s been going on at my local dealer here’s the reason for the angry mob.

The part came in on the Thursday and booked in for the next day...Friday.

My wife took the car up and was told it would be 2 hours.
Was then rang 2 hours later by Simon (service manager) “the car is ready but there is good and bad news"

Simon then drove the car to my house and delivered it to my wife.

THE GOOD NEWS.......central looking and door light fixed
THE BAD NEWS..........the second part they had ordered to replace the keyless entry that was wrong is also wrong

So yet again we are with out keyless entry. And the right part will cost $280."WHAT THE" But parts has said this will be no extra cost to us.

I have had the car for 24hour from having the door light fixed and you would not believe what has happened......yep the darn thing came back on again.......the door light is stuck on again

I was so fumin when this happened.
The service department is always booked out and takes days to weeks before we can book in.

It is Saturday now and there is no one in the service department till Monday.

I will be takin the car back and getting it fixed right away I can’t keep have the car in the shop. This is coasting both time and money.

I am enjoying this car heaps, it has no mechanical problems and drives very nicely. Still after all that has happened the service boys have been great and understanding go the situation. I am just getting jack of this problem.

Let’s see what happens Monday

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: forester xt
Service Saga

I hope things get fixed right soon, it sure can be frustrating. Good Luck to you and keep us informed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Reviews > Dealer/Vendor Reviews

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode