Owner's Manual for 2004 XS Luxury - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: XS Luxury
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Owner's Manual for 2004 XS Luxury

I'm looking for an owners manual for a 2004 Subaru Forester XS Luxury (79V Auto MY04). Does anyone either have on for sale, or know of good places to look e.g. websites that sell second hand manuals or wreckers yards that might have them?

So far I've tried a google search and I'm looking at wreckers yards around Melbourne.

Also, would there be any significant differences if I were to acquire an earlier or later model manual? is there a year range in which the manuals would be relatively similar?
would there be any significant differences if I were to acquire a manual for a different model e.g. XS (non luxury), XT etc.

For some context, this is my first car ever, it was sold to me very cheap but the owner had no paperwork (checked it against the PPSR so I know it's not stolen/a write off/in debt). I don't really know much about cars and so I want the manual so I can at least know the basics - plus there are some buttons that I have no idea what they do and I assume are specific to the model - since I have no friends or family who can help me with any of this.

I read the rules, and I know that no one can post PDF's of any copyrighted materials etc.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 02:37 AM
Administrator
Contributing Member

Car Year: MY03
Car Model: XS Premium / Luxury
Transmission: 4EAT w/diff lock
G'day & Welcome.

I think if you do a google search you'll find what you're looking for!

I have an MY'03 XS Luxury so if you have specific questions feel free to ask ;-)

MY'03 XS AT offroad; MY10 Triton GLX-R
MY'97 Outback RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: XS Luxury
I may take you up on that if there's anything I can't figure out Kevin, thanks for the offer!
Thank you too adowns. A bit after I made this post I was directed too techinfo.subaru.com/stis/#/online_reference . It only requires a subscription for the type of service manual a mechanic would use. Owners manuals can be accessed free. So anyone looking, that's a good place to start.

I still can't find one for the Australian models, though most of the differences are inconsequential anyway.

That said, if anyone has an Australian 2004 XS luxury owners manual to sell or knows where I can get one, please do message me.

And thanks again for the replies guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > International Forums > Australia / New Zealand

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode