User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
New User

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Auto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
X-MODE screen shows wrong vehicle posture

My 2019 Forester is showing a vehicle posture of -8º to -12º on the flat, and never shows higher than 0º when going uphill.

This issue started in the past few days; previously it would reliably show 0º on the flat, and never more than about -6º to +5º during normal hill driving.

Around the same time, I noticed my headlights are pointing too low and illuminating only about 20m ahead, making it impossible to safely drive at 100km/h in the dark in situations where I can't use the high beam. I wondered if these two issues are related, as the they started about the same time. (The SRH and auto-high beam functions seem to still be working ok though.)

I intend to book the car in for a warranty fix (have a few other issues too, including the notorious non-opening/three-beep tailgate and disappearing FM presets), but wondered if anyone knows of a fix in the meantime?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:04 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Premium
Transmission: Lineartronic® CVT
Garage
Even if the display error is not related to your headlight level issue, I'd still want it to be corrected. And your headlight issue sounds like it needs to be addressed with urgency. I too wonder if there is a reset procedure for the inclinometer you can do yourself? Maybe try a quick call to the dealer. Good luck.

- Chris
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
New User

Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by coregrind View Post
Even if the display error is not related to your headlight level issue, I'd still want it to be corrected. And your headlight issue sounds like it needs to be addressed with urgency. I too wonder if there is a reset procedure for the inclinometer you can do yourself? Maybe try a quick call to the dealer. Good luck.
Thanks – have it booked in to be checked on Thursday.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:53 PM
Forum Member

Happened the same to me the only thing, got it fixed and my lights are a bit shorter now so for sure its related. Also make sure when they fix it that the inclinometer for the sides angle is at 0 as well, I realized when I turned on the Xmode that its -12 on mine, will wait for the service appointment to get it fixed, I got tired of taking it in with all this bugs it would be my fourth time and im getting tired of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode