User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2011
Car Model: Forrester
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Stereo upgrade for 2011 forester

Hi there.
looking at upgrading my radio/stereo head unit. It's a pioneer navigation thing with a touchscreen and awkward user experience. I think it's an AVIC-U310BT. It came with ext. Microphone, satellite aerial and USB hub.

I'm keen to keep the steering wheel controls, hands free phone, bt audio streaming.

I looked at upgrading to an aftermarket hu used with a Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter.

My other idea was to try installing a better subaru unit. I don't want to struggle too much with wires. Does anyone know if either of these will work?

Option a:
2013 Subaru Forester CD Player HD Radio OEM CP635U1 PF-3302B LKQ.

Option b:
2011-2013 Subaru Forester Radio PF-3297B-A

Would really appreciate this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Using your supplied information this and the Subaru part number associated with one of your two stock radios; these folks seem to be the people to ask:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/09-10-11-12...item2ce7b6f338

Crutchfield has aftermarket radios that may work. I am just upgrading the stock radio on my 2010 Forester Premium Plus with just speakers for the time being and they made the process plug and play.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2011
Car Model: Forrester
Thank you Karlaudi.
Useful info. I ended up getting the CP635U1 PF-3302B
It uses the standard wiring for the car (some of which had been taped out of the way). just plugged in the 20-in and 16-pin white connectors and everything I need seems to be working.
steering wheel controls, built-in BT microphone, HD radio, etc.
Only issue is that the radio dash bezel doesnt fit over the new radio (it's a couple oof inches wider than the pioneer) so rather than cut the plastic, I have just ordered a replacement bezel that was meant for cars with this OEm radio.

ANyway.. thanks again for your reply.
Hope your speaker mod went well.
Getting those door panels was a little scary I found. Maybe a job I will approach next.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 03:57 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2010
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 5-speed manual
You are very much welcome. As a result of your original post I went investigating radios for my aforementioned Forester and the internet referred me to this discussion here on the forum. What I learned about Subaru radio's hidden settings was a pleasant surprise and changing my radio to "Wagon" from "Through" was a marked improvement.

https://www.subaruforester.org/vbull...-menus-123702/

I have yet to install the speakers, pending the completion of refurbishing a room in my house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode