('06-'08) Seat Question for the REAR seat - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2.5x_sleeper

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Location: Fulton, NY. Yes it's on Planent earth, but it's north of Syracuse NY.
Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Seat Question for the REAR seat

Just a quickie.

I was at the P&P yard today and have been harvesting parts from a 2006 Forester 'bean' edition. The seats in our 2007 Forester are stained and look pretty sad.

According to what I could find the seats from the 2006 are not supposed to fit? The interchange at "car-part" says 2007 only.

Is this in fact correct? There is a slight difference with the material and design. I wouldn't mind a different layout (color is the same as our 2007, just the pattern is different) Otherwise the seats in the yard look outstanding!

I did see the sticky, but it looks to cover front seats only. Just need to know if the rear seats from a 2006 would be plug and play for a 2007.

Sidebar note: I like the radio better in the 2006. Both ours and the yard one being parted out have the 6 disc changer, but the one from 2006 look cooler.

S-

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 12:00 PM
スーパー モデレーター

Car Model: Forester Sports XT
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
I don't know for sure, but perhaps it has to do with the LL Bean trim, which has a hard cargo area floor, which is also is on the back of the seat? My guess is that the seat wouldn't match the non-LL Bean trim?

The LL Bean wood trimmed steering wheel looks nice!

As to head units. I pulled & pretty much gave away the stock head unit out of my '07 FSXT for the cost of shipping! In my opinion, any aftermarket head unit will out perform the stock one!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Miker104 likes this.

'07 FSXT - COBB Surgeline dyno stock Protune - Stage 1+
'03 X +AVO turbo kit = XT (son's)
'95 Neon Sport
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Location: Fulton, NY. Yes it's on Planent earth, but it's north of Syracuse NY.
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Manual.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
@2.5x_sleeper Spot on with the rear cargo area. Hard black plastic reinforced. Here's the fun part! It rained yesterday and this yard has a huge issue with "ponds" forming around the cars. I pulled out the separator piece over the spare tire and used that as a 'leg rest' sense it's about 4" thick.

In all reality I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing the seats and the 'hard floor' as it's all removable. The wife stated she's going to try and get the mystery stain out of the rear seat.. No smell, just a huge 'wet' looking 1' diameter stain (as in, a foot diameter....)

We are planning on replacing all the door speakers. I'd love to find a set of door 'tweeters' for the 07. They all came wired for it! But I can't find the OEM type to save my life! The 06 in the yard didn't have them either. Someone did LOOK for them however! 1 of the triangle panels was removed....

I'm partial to the 6 disc changer that does work good, as well the aux jack. I wish it was LOUDER! But it's a bit gutless and the speakers are all weenie.....

We just put in a set of Rockford Fosgate El' Cheapo's (5.25) (probably roached the spelling) in my wife's VW Beetle...and the factory system in the VW blows the Subaru one out of the water! sidebar note: Her's came with a usual am/fm cass. It (all are like this) was wired for a 6 disc changer that is trunk/cargo area mounted. We found one for $20 at the other pick and pull yard and it works great!....end rant...

S-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode