2Likes
  • 2 Post By 80 SUBIE

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Forester Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AM/FM sound went silent, no sound?

Last week while driving, my AM station sound went silent. Tried other AM and FM stations and still no sound. Turned off and on the radio knob, no change. But when I switched to Sirius XM there was sound. After arriving at destination I turned off the engine and restarted the car but there was no change. No AM/FM sound but had Sirius XM sound. Went shopping for about half an hour and when i came back and started the car, all sound returned. Anyone else experience something like this? Purchased my Limited late January 2019. Other than this sound issue, only other problem I’ve had with my car is the rear power gate issue, the dreaded three beeps, twice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 07:07 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Sport
Transmission: cvt
@yoda1 I had my sound disappear the other day. Held the "radio" power button down 10 seconds, got a restart and sound.

DJ's Forester and a1penguin like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Limited
Thanks for the tip. Hopefully it was a one off event. I am in my last month of Sirius XM free trial. While I had no am/fm sound I did have Sirius XM sound. Guess they are working hard to retain me as a future paying customer. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode