('19+) 2019 Forester - unfinished floor? - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

33Likes

post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2019 Forester - unfinished floor?

I am a new owner of Subaru Forester 2019. My car is 2 weeks old. This morning I was trying to pick up a tiny rock from the floor carpet on driver’s side. I noticed the cotton insulation looking in the area behind the foot pedal. Not an attractive looking at all! It is a brand new car! Should the floor be all covered up? It looks like unfinished! And the passenger side floor looks fine. I have never owned a Subaru before. So I don’t know this is normal or not. Anyone has the same looking on their driver floor? Or my car has defect? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	583FE203-3969-4292-8573-DE0BF616D59C_1553021540461.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	139.0 KB
ID:	505825  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:59 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: Foz
Transmission: CVT
That's not the floor. That's the firewall. Every car I've ever owned has been like that. "Every" being 7 Subarus, 2 Hondas, and 2 Mazdas. I'll bet higher end cars have carpeting all the way up, but that's just a guess.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Forum Member

So you didn't notice until you stuck you head down there , but it's unattractive and unfinished looking.

So may I ask, how much time to plan to spend in your new Forester with your head down there?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneefy View Post
That's not the floor. That's the firewall. Every car I've ever owned has been like that. "Every" being 7 Subarus, 2 Hondas, and 2 Mazdas. I'll bet higher end cars have carpeting all the way up, but that's just a guess.
Thank you Sneefy for your opinion! I appreciate it!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalTwoTone View Post
So you didn't notice until you stuck you head down there , but it's unattractive and unfinished looking.

So may I ask, how much time to plan to spend in your new Forester with your head down there?
Sorry my post irritated you. I guess I am experiencing “new car syndrome”-when you just got a new car, you want everything to be perfect with it. Anyway, I am here for opinion, did not plan to offend anyone. I got your point though. Thank you.
Natedog and dwbitt like this.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Subaru Forester Base
Consider some Husky Liners to keep that carpet nice & clean under the pedals and over the dead pedal :)
Natedog, wgilbert, Peja and 1 others like this.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: Foz
Quote:
Originally Posted by denvercomt View Post
I guess I am experiencing “new car syndrome”-when you just got a new car, you want everything to be perfect with it.
I do the same thing. Don't feel bad. Just remember, in this life, nothing is perfect. I sometimes feel a sigh of relief when a new car gets the first scratch or ding because now I can let my OCD about it go, lol.
Natedog and SubieCamper like this.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

lol. 🙂 You have a nice afternoon Sneefy!

Last edited by Kevin; 03-19-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: unnecessary use of Quote
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Sport
Transmission: Rubber band
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarzy19 View Post
Consider some Husky Liners to keep that carpet nice & clean under the pedals and over the dead pedal :)
Just so happens I put in a set last week. 10% off on Husky website through March.

2019 Forester - unfinished floor?-husky-1.jpg2019 Forester - unfinished floor?-husky-2.jpg2019 Forester - unfinished floor?-husky-3.jpg

2019 Forester - unfinished floor?-husky-4.jpg2019 Forester - unfinished floor?-husky-5.jpg2019 Forester - unfinished floor?-husky-6.jpg
Natedog, scarzy19 and a1penguin like this.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 03:00 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: Forester XT Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peja View Post
Just so happens I put in a set last week.
Wow those Husky ones look nicer than the Subaru all-weather mats I got from the dealer with my 2018. But now that I have the Subaru ones I don't know if it's worth switching.

I'm not at the car right now but it looks like the Husky ones have better coverage for muddy/salty shoes, and I like the coverage over the hump in the rear.

Natedog and Peja like this.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 03:44 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnik View Post
Wow those Husky ones look nicer than the Subaru all-weather mats I got from the dealer with my 2018. But now that I have the Subaru ones I don't know if it's worth switching.

I'm not at the car right now but it looks like the Husky ones have better coverage for muddy/salty shoes, and I like the coverage over the hump in the rear.
Trust me, it's worth it. Just wait until the first time to get in the snow or mud. Then you will wish you had spent the $135 and bought the Hushy's or Weather Beaters. I personally prefer the later, but both are way better than the all-weather dealer mats.
Natedog likes this.

BigJ
2018 Subaru Forester, Premium -
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:25 PM
admin

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: XT
Transmission: 4EAT
Garage
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This is a shot of the 2019 OB. They do go a bit higher on it.

Natedog likes this.

His...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hers...19 Outback Limited 3.6R
Our daughter...07 OB
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 04:31 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by denvercomt View Post
I am a new owner of Subaru Forester 2019. My car is 2 weeks old. This morning I was trying to pick up a tiny rock from the floor carpet on driver’s side. I noticed the cotton insulation looking in the area behind the foot pedal. Not an attractive looking at all! It is a brand new car! Should the floor be all covered up? It looks like unfinished! And the passenger side floor looks fine. I have never owned a Subaru before. So I don’t know this is normal or not. Anyone has the same looking on their driver floor? Or my car has defect? Thanks
Looks about the same as my 2018 Limited.

2018 2.5i Ltd FB25 CVT; 2010 2.5X Ltd EJ253 4AT
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 08:01 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Sport
Transmission: cvt
It's finished as in that's the way they leave it. It's unfinished in appearance and suggests a lack of attention to detail, leaving a bit of the job undone. Probably saves several dollars in labor and material to leave it like that. Easier fit for the various layers, etc. They get away with it as the "carpet" is not woven and won't unravel. It's aggravated by the appearance of the padding/insulation. Looks like a raw edge in sewing. And yes, I've spent time in that kind of position in several vehicles when installing radios, etc. I was surprised the first time I saw a vehicle looking like that because the older trucks, etc., I'd been working with didn't look like that. Either painted floor/firewall or better looking quality carpeting, etc.
Natedog likes this.
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 09:07 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Sport
I wish Husky sold the front only. Those are really nice, but my auto never goes to the snow and only gets rain five months a year and it's a single person vehicle. The Weathertechs are available fronts only. I'm more interested in coverage to keep the original carpet from getting soiled and worn. Looking around at some Lloyd Rubbertite for $60 which are custom fit.

I was upset when my new car got a scratch two weeks after I got it. As it aged, I became less fussy. But the fit and finish on the interior is different. The cheap thin "carpet" on my cheapest Honda Civic covers those areas.
Natedog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Interior and Electronics