Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2014+ Forester XT seat brackets same as 2015+ WRX??

('14-'18) 
12K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  aggie113 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone knows if the 2015+ wrx seat brackets will match up with the SJ Forester xt? I'm trying to get some Braum seats and they only make brackets for 2015+ wrx not SJ Foresters though. Please let me know if you have any knowledge on this topic at all!

#2 ·
Yes, they will bolt in, if that's what you are asking. The 2015 WRX brackets sit much lower than the XT brackets though, so using them will put you a few inches lower than you currently are.

Knowledge source: I've done many an SJ seat swap with WRX and STI seats.

Reactions: Natedog
#5 ·
Ok, here's your comparison. Now, I have a power driver's seat, but it should be about the same height when it's all the way down. Use the armrest as your point of height reference. For me, all the way down is too low, since the tilt doesn't lower the wheel far enough down to accommodate that low of a seat.

Driver's side.

Passenger side (On the stock XT rail):

#9 ·
Ok, here's your comparison. Now, I have a power driver's seat, but it should be about the same height when it's all the way down. Use the armrest as your point of height reference. For me, all the way down is too low, since the tilt doesn't lower the wheel far enough down to accommodate that low of a seat.

Driver's side.

Passenger side (On the stock XT rail):

Raz007, sorry to necro this thread but is it possible/easy to replace the stock Forester seat brackets with WRX brackets to lower them? I'm particularly interested in lowering the driver seat (automatic/powered) in my Touring 2.0XT for more headroom but would like to keep the stock Forester seats.

#8 ·
Do the driver seat bracket swap over too?

I have automatic seats in my 2017 FXT Touring and wanted to swap in STI seats. Do the STI seats need to be automatic or can they be manual and I just swap the brackets so the forester bracket stays?
Brackets don't care about power/not. Of course you'll have unused connectors but as long as airbags connect shouldn't have any codes.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.