Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Prodrive meet weekend March 24th 2019

16K views 154 replies 20 participants last post by  batou 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok people ive pressed Jackie at Prodrive just a little bit telling her we heard her tours are brilliant ! she has suggested the weekend march 24th ……." the car will have just returned from Sebring" . I don't know which car she refers to but I need to see it !. so this is the date .
We need 15 people to do this at a weekend . if we have 14 people I will drag someone off the street to get this done .
so names down here .

Lockheed
Type R Russ
@Rusti ?
@Banstead Stig ?
just to add my 80 yr Dad said he would come if we couldn't make up the numbers , please don't make me bring my dad he will only tell you embarrassing stories of my childhood.

#121 ·
And finally, from Prodrive HQ itself... I took plenty more but these are some of the better ones.

A chap with a much better camera than me has photos of us all surrounding the 555 Impreza at the end of the tour.

Attachments

#128 ·
Was good to meet a few people on sunday, didn't manage to get around to everyone but maybe next time.

For me, the Colin McRae impreza was the highlight. I've been on ebay and the autotrader all afternoon looking at classic imprezas and wishing that I had enough space for one!

#132 · (Edited)
At the recent pdrive meet I had a quick word with @Rusti about this meet and he shared my concerns about the time frame of this event from start to finish and the fact that interest did not diminish over that period …… it was a long time in the making .

It just shows that we can still organise events on f.org and be successful. ….. whats next ?

#137 ·
I've never done one before, been talking about it for ages though either in the car or on the bike.

My understanding is that they would stick me in the rookies group so doubt that I'd be on the track at the same time as other people but it would be cool if there were a few fozzies there.

Tom.

#138 ·
Depending on the venue open pitlane days are great, you can just go out when you feel like it, come in let the car cool and go back out anytime. Often just a break for lunch, they are so much more chill than sessions as you often get some heros/dickheads rushing to set a lap record on their first session only to stack it and red flag a session. I've done a few in the past, great fun, hard on the car (tyres/brakes mainly) and you use tonnes of fuel so it's a damn expensive hobby believe me.

Cadwell and Oulton Park were my favourites :thumbsup:

I'd be tempted to bring the Mk1 Roadster (Import MX5) instead of the Foz as it would be a laugh trying to keep up with those tanks with just 115hp :grin2:

#141 ·
At Cherwell Valley Services & outside Prodrive.

Attachments

#142 ·
Inside Prodrive.

Attachments

#143 ·
Prodrive's Reception.

Attachments

#144 ·
A few more photos at the end.

Attachments

#146 ·
I've done and do lots of track days, although with the spec c now rather than the FSTI.

Have a couple coming up 09/04 Donington Evening with Opentrack, and 20/05 Snetterton 300 with MSV (if 5+ can get a 10% group discount, think we have 4 booked at the moment) can PM the booking ref if anyone wants to join the group booking.

#147 ·
Can't make either of those (Donington would be ideal but I'll be working then, snetterton is just too far away) but definitely keen for something if we can get enough interest on here. Where would a good place be that's fairly central? I guess that silverstone would be ideal in terms of location but i know it is expensive and i think i'd prefer somewhere like donington or oulton park anyway.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.