Green Touring w/Sport Grill - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Forester Touring
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Green Touring w/Sport Grill

Finally got my Jasper Green Touring w/brown leather yesterday. Got up this morning and put the sport grille on. FYI - I did not drop the bumper to install (per the directions). You just need somewhat skinny arms to get elbow deep in the hood latch opening to get the 2 farthest screws in/out. If anyone installs one, I would suggest you screw the screw into the grill first to tap the holes - it can be quite hard with a tiny screwdriver and trapped arm.

Anyways - my first Subaru. I've worked for GM and had a company car for the last 24 years. I looked at a lot of vehicles, and the Forester was an easy choice. I keep wondering if I should have gone for white instead - especially after seeing Moraine! But I'm happy with the green. I like the blackout treatment of Moraine, but am not sure if I can take the green any further than the sport grille.
I do have the bodyside moldings yet to install. I'll tape them up to ensure I like the look before I go permanent.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_175317_HDR.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	505773   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190317_175324_HDR.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	505775  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2019, 09:09 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Sport
Transmission: cvt
I like the green. Perhaps our first choice if we hadn't gone Sport trim. We went for the Sport (Dark Blue Pearl) and the more extensive black trim treatment works well with the Sport colors but can see why they added/dropped some of the exterior colors, too. Not fond of the Touring wheels. I like the Sport and Touring racks, too, with the added tie down loops. And with the Sport, still not completely fond of some of the Orange in the interior but think it works OK as used with the black on the exterior. That said, Moraine does look good!

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 SUBIE View Post
I like the green. Perhaps our first choice if we hadn't gone Sport trim. We went for the Sport (Dark Blue Pearl) and the more extensive black trim treatment works well with the Sport colors but can see why they added/dropped some of the exterior colors, too. Not fond of the Touring wheels. I like the Sport and Touring racks, too, with the added tie down loops. And with the Sport, still not completely fond of some of the Orange in the interior but think it works OK as used with the black on the exterior. That said, Moraine does look good!
I looks like a pretty easy orange replacement if you order the outboard vents and center trim pieces from the Limited/Touring. I think I would likely do this if I had gone Sport. I like orange, but a little bit less is better :)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: Sport
Transmission: cvt
Kind of like ads on web pages, I just tune it out. Doesn't bother me enough to spend money or time trying to change it. The wheels maybe... But I'm also torn on that because I'd rather have a 17" and more sidewall, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Member Galleries