('14-'18) Why I went with 235/60 R17 on my stock '18 XT. Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S to be exact. - Page 2 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

14Likes

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: 2.0 XT
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
hotrodguru. welcome to the forum. Excellent post on your tire/wheel choice and fitment. We know there are a lot of choices when it comes to tires and wheels these days, we appreciate you sharing your buying experience with Discount tire.

Thank you for posting the awesome photos as well. That was a ton of snow in a couple of them. Glad to hear you are happy with their performance.
Thank you!

I also showed Discount Tire some love on the Cooper Tire site! - Hotrodguru's contributions

Discount Tire likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:09 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2013
Car Model: F-XT
Transmission: 4eat
Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I link pictures from my Flickr account as I find it faster/easier to manage than uploading them through the site. The normal [img] [/img] works...

C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodguru View Post
Thanks! And ask and you shall receive - https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

Haha, got it man. I updated my profile a bit. So when can I group all the photos under the original post instead of having like 4 separate replies? And to hotlink the photos do I need one of those optional memberships?

Elem Sch Running & FF Coach.Rental Dog Aficionado
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Just saw this thread and my mention in it. Glad my Foresters and pics helped you to go a similar route with yours. Sorry I haven't been as active on the forum as I used to and didn't see/answer your PM in time.

The 235/65 17 would have only given you very minor rubbing on the fender liner with or without a lift. Lift doesn't really affect it. Tires only slightly rub when steering near full lock at slow speeds like mostly in and out of parking spots. Just a minor amount of noise, but not enough for me to even put the effort into getting rid of it by heat gun and massaging the plastic. The rubbing gets less as the tires wear down.

Either way looks like you made a good choice that you are happy with in the Coopers. They definitely look good. I just went with the Hankooks because I wanted maximum lift, weight savings, and snow performance. The Coopers at the time didn't seem as good in the snow, which is very important to me but maybe the new model is comparable to the Hankook. Happy trails!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyChris View Post
I link pictures from my Flickr account as I find it faster/easier to manage than uploading them through the site. The normal [img] [/img] works...

C.
So I figured out why my linked images aren't working. They're not on a SSL website meaning mine isn't https, and I think that's required here for hot linking which isn't on NASIOC. I tried to enable SSL on my site but man is that a job.

So yeah, back to Flickr for ease haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBooneru View Post
Just saw this thread and my mention in it. Glad my Foresters and pics helped you to go a similar route with yours. Sorry I haven't been as active on the forum as I used to and didn't see/answer your PM in time.

The 235/65 17 would have only given you very minor rubbing on the fender liner with or without a lift. Lift doesn't really affect it. Tires only slightly rub when steering near full lock at slow speeds like mostly in and out of parking spots. Just a minor amount of noise, but not enough for me to even put the effort into getting rid of it by heat gun and massaging the plastic. The rubbing gets less as the tires wear down.

Either way looks like you made a good choice that you are happy with in the Coopers. They definitely look good. I just went with the Hankooks because I wanted maximum lift, weight savings, and snow performance. The Coopers at the time didn't seem as good in the snow, which is very important to me but maybe the new model is comparable to the Hankook. Happy trails!
Thanks man! And keep in mind they have a newer Hankook also.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Well the XT didn't last long. Switched out for a 2019 Forester Sport. Don't miss the power as much as I thought I would. Then again, I'm at sea-level and it would probably be a lot different in the mountains.

Way cool that the Drag wheels did fit the new 2019 which has 5x114.3 as opposed to 5x100 of the 2018 Forester. Some quick phone pics.

HeyChris, UGCspawn and S2-13BT like this.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Awesome photos hotrodguru. Love the look of your new Forester. Your tire wheel package really complements the car.

We also appreciate the shout out on the Cooper Tire website.
HeyChris likes this.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Awesome photos hotrodguru. Love the look of your new Forester. Your tire wheel package really complements the car.

We also appreciate the shout out on the Cooper Tire website.
It's the least I could do. Discount Tire has always taken care of all my tire and wheel needs.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 12:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Glad to hear that. We always try our best to do as our founder taught us "Be honest, work hard, have fun, be grateful and pay it forward".

We appreciate your support.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 10:26 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: FXT
Thanks for the info and the great pictures. That is the same setup that I am planning to do. Still have to decide on a rim.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:38 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Forester Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodguru View Post
It's the least I could do. Discount Tire has always taken care of all my tire and wheel needs.
Wish we had a Discount tire in Canada.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMaze View Post
Wish we had a Discount tire in Canada.
Thank you for your comment. We haven't hears any plans yet but maybe some day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Wheels and Tires

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode