('06-'08) How to fit 5x114.3 2011 STi Wheels on your 5x100 Forester (don't try this at home) - Page 15 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #211 of 215 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 07
Car Model: Forester XT
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcat View Post
15mm spacers, 2.5mm shortened wheel studs, no issues with STi BBS at all. Now the ET measuer is +40 ( +55 -15mm = +40 )

tyres 225/45-18" / KW variant 3 coils.
Interesting. So I wonder if 15mm adapter with 3mm spacer on the outer studs would yield the same result with a final ET38 which is acceptable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 215 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 09:08 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2001
Car Model: Forester STi II LTD
Transmission: 4EAT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
Interesting. So I wonder if 15mm adapter with 3mm spacer on the outer studs would yield the same result with a final ET38 which is acceptable.
No... the correct ET is then 37 ( If using STi wheels with ET55 )

Bad Grandpa Sleeper Forester MY01
post #213 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: Forester Sports XT
Transmission: 5MT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So I'm getting in on the STI wheel action. Long time lurker and researcher, ordered/owned my Foz back in fall of 2007. Anyway, picked up some 2015 STI BBS and some Black ISC 25mm Adapters.
Let me premise this with my project was temporarily derailed by a head gasket job :(
So 125K+ on the car and I'm about to abort the conversion in fear of bearing destruction and the costs that come with it. I'll be on stock or OEish replacement struts and going for Swifts springs regardless of the wheels. Mounting these wheels will put me at +30. Am I just asking for it?
Can anyone provide long term usage info or wisdom?
Experience premature bearing failure?
Can I scale back the spacer size w/o cutting the studs?
I do realize, based on my leading tire size choice that at least the rears may have to be rolled, (feeling 245/45/18 ATM).
I appreciate any help or light that can be shed on this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150401_211408.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	239225  

post #214 of 215 (permalink) Old 02-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: FXT Venitian
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRBlueFozSTIGuy View Post
So I'm getting in on the STI wheel action. Long time lurker and researcher, ordered/owned my Foz back in fall of 2007. Anyway, picked up some 2015 STI BBS and some Black ISC 25mm Adapters.
Let me premise this with my project was temporarily derailed by a head gasket job :(
So 125K+ on the car and I'm about to abort the conversion in fear of bearing destruction and the costs that come with it. I'll be on stock or OEish replacement struts and going for Swifts springs regardless of the wheels. Mounting these wheels will put me at +30. Am I just asking for it?
Can anyone provide long term usage info or wisdom?
Experience premature bearing failure?
Can I scale back the spacer size w/o cutting the studs?
I do realize, based on my leading tire size choice that at least the rears may have to be rolled, (feeling 245/45/18 ATM).
I appreciate any help or light that can be shed on this.
I'm also a long time lurker. Just got an SJ FXT and I am looking at getting the 15 STI wheels as well. From the research I have gathered a 20mm adaptor seems to suffice for clearance. As for the wear on bearings, I had 17x9 Rotas (heavy) with 255/45 on a 04 wrx for a long time and never had issues (over 130k miles). I had friends running 18x10 setups with negative offsets on older cars/higher miles and never heard about bearing issues. On an 18x8.5 I'd personally do a 235/50 or even just stretch an OEM tire size. But I know that 245/45 has some great tire options.
post #215 of 215 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:24 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: XT Touring
Transmission: CVT
Garage
got my 2012 STI BBS on today, with a 20mm adapter, zero fitment issues and no need to do anything like grinding the pockets on the rims.
It has a slight poke as the tires (245/50) are pretty chunky, a 15mm adapter would probably eliminate that, but i don't want to mess with these rims or the stock studs at all. 20mm is plug-and-play

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Wheels and Tires

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode