71Likes

post #1 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 14
Car Model: 2.5i Limited
Transmission: Auto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Control arm bushings on 14

I have issues with my control arm bushings going bad in my 2014 forester wanted to know if anybody else is noticing this issue as well, please let me know thank you

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:32 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
'14 XT stock 42k miles. Just had to have both front lower control arm rear bushings replaced. Out of warranty but I called Subie NA to complain. I don't off road and its cr*p I even have to think about such an issue with this many miles. (My opinion anyway.)

Took to Subie dealer shop in hopes of getting it done no cost. They seem to agree it's odd to have the go so early in life. Will let you know how it goes.

Not impressed.

Natedog likes this.
post #3 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Transmission: CVT
I have about 36k on my 15.
How did you know yours needed replacing?

post #4 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 03:22 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2018
Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm curious as well...

WYLDCAT89
post #5 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 09:59 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: F-XT
i think my left front lca bushing is going out too. been making a squeaking noise that's progressively getting worse. then the other day, while coming down a steep driveway while braking at work, as i came to a stop, i heard some metal-metal grinding-squeaking happening. haven't had a chance to crawl under there to see what's going on but i'm sure something's wrong. car has lowering springs (Mann) on it, but, i'm sure that's not causing the problem.
post #6 of 133 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 09:59 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickeram View Post
I have issues with my control arm bushings going bad in my 2014 forester wanted to know if anybody else is noticing this issue as well, please let me know thank you
what symptoms did you have?
post #7 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 09:03 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickeram View Post
Kickeram,
did you ever get your issue fixed? what were your symptoms and when do they occur? my left front LCA is getting worse and sounding really bad. probably going to take car in this week. problem is i have aftermarket lowering springs (not aggressive - Mann) and am worried a bit what they may say. let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Clerke View Post
'14 XT stock 42k miles. Just had to have both front lower control arm rear bushings replaced. Out of warranty but I called Subie NA to complain. I don't off road and its cr*p I even have to think about such an issue with this many miles. (My opinion anyway.)

Took to Subie dealer shop in hopes of getting it done no cost. They seem to agree it's odd to have the go so early in life. Will let you know how it goes.

Not impressed.
Charles CLerke,
did you ever get your issue fixed? mine's gotten really bad. only 25k mi's on the car.

thanks
post #8 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Mine just went at 42k as well... Stock and drive pretty conservatively...
Knockknock_2 likes this.
post #9 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

Car Model: Forester XT
Both mine went out at 50k and 55k.

Pretty much shaking in the wheel or stopping. My friend suggested getting better bushings but the bushings are pressed in and can cause the arm to crack.
post #10 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: 2.0 XT Touring
Transmission: High Torque CVT
Interesting...I last month I started getting a front end shake/vibration but only on the highway and when I was turning the steering wheel to the right. If I was going straight or to the left, no issues. Though if the road was off camber and I was traveling straight ahead, I would occasionally get the washboard effect through the steering wheel.
Took it to Subaru, I'm still under warranty, and they found the left side upper control arm bushings, both inner and outer where bad. When the service manager looked under my 2014 XT he asked me where I got the aftermarket parts from (in a kind of blaming tone), he was referring to my Cusco front power braces, so I answered, from Japan ;) He said, oh ok.
They proceeded to replace the bushings and I was out of there in about 3 hours. I was told I got lucky because they normally don't stock those parts at the Bayridge (Brooklyn) location?? Anyway, she drives beautifully again. Being stage 2 doesn't hurt either! Shout out to @turbotekray

Natedog and aggie113 like this.

Last edited by Gdaddy721; 06-03-2016 at 02:39 PM.
post #11 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2013
Car Model: Scion FRS
Transmission: Manual
Hate to bump an old thread, but my Dad's '15 XT has the exact same issue. Fairly violent vibration at highway speeds when turning right. Unfortunately for us, our car has 76k miles so no warranty to speak of. Just to confirm, the Forester should only have a single front control arm, so it was just the bushings on that arm? There are front and rear bushings on the arm, but that's it.
post #12 of 133 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 06:01 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Transmission: The only option available
Garage
Yes, there is only a one front control arm on each side. Two bushings on the chassis side of the arm and a ball joint on the wheel side of the arm.
Natedog likes this.
post #13 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: '15
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs down 53k on my '15

Getting vibrations when turning right at reasonable speeds, e.g. curve on the highway

Took pictures of the driver side control arm bushing. Passenger side is cracked too, but doesn't appear to be as bad as the one in the photo.
Natedog likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #14 of 133 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2018
Had my control arm bushings replaced once at around 50k miles, but now it seems they are toast again at 120k miles. Getting the same vibration that others have mentioned at highway speeds going straight and really bad when slight right turns.

Also starting to hear a click/pop noise when turning hard right at slow speeds. Seems like I might have to replace a CV axle while I'm at it. Already had to replace the left front once around 50k. Also getting a little bit of a whine/howl at highway speeds and thinking I might need the front wheel bearings replaced as well.

Probably going to be pretty expensive to fix all of this. Wish Subaru made these components a bit more durable.
valvestem, Natedog and BH17XT like this.

post #15 of 133 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Forum Member

Bushings went out

FYI... I just had to replace both Lower Control Arm Bushings on my 2014 XT (46k mikes). Seems like this is an early failure of the bushing based on normal city driving. Cost me over 1k USD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance > Suspension and Handling

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode