SF.com Dies And So Does My Car... What Gives?!?? - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
The Duck of Doom
Contributing Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SF.com Dies And So Does My Car... What Gives?!??

The Duck of Doom is owned. Details here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=916987

So my car begins experiencing terminal technical difficulties coinciding with those of the old forum... Mere coincidence or paranormal phenomenon?

Either way, this sucks and I wish my first post on this new forum was of a happier nature, but sadly it is not.

Maestro :evil:

PS- Great job on resurrecting the forum, well done!

• '04/'07 F-XT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• '72
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 09:12 AM
BLUE WASABI
(#2 Info Provider)

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: SG Model D
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
That sucks...yeah, Dan said he was replacing your head gasket. What's the deal? That 20G w/ your tune can't be too much for that engine :?

You ever think of upgrading your radiator and getting an external oil cooler? That will definitely help prolong the life of a turbo and engine.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: 2.5i Premium
Transmission: CVT
It could be worse. What if you looked at your title and found that your car was suddenly owned by pricebusterhosting.com!

2.5i Premium CVT - Me 2018, She 2016 ● Robin-Subaru Powered Generator

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gosh, I'm away for a few months, and subaruforester.com doesn't exist anymore? :cry: To top things off, I had a huge puddle of oil under my car due to the oil pan leaking and then steam coming from the bottom of my engine due to head gaskets leaking coolant! Is this an omen that the of "the end" for the Forester is coming(both car and site)? Spooky...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 1998
Car Model: Forester "S" lifted.
Transmission: Bog-o-matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunts
Gosh, I'm away for a few months, and subaruforester.com doesn't exist anymore? :cry: To top things off, I had a huge puddle of oil under my car due to the oil pan leaking and then steam coming from the bottom of my engine due to head gaskets leaking coolant! Is this an omen that the of "the end" for the Forester is coming(both car and site)? Spooky...
Or it could be the beginning of something better.

vBulletin for SF.org

And a new turbo motor for your SF :twisted:

It's real velour. Just let yourself go!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
The Duck of Doom
Contributing Member

As an update, I'm planning on replacing the headgaskets soon and selling the 20G in order to finance the repairs. This is awesome!

Ugh...

• '04/'07 F-XT

• '72
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Aspiring Post Ho
Contributing Member

I did not get all those details in our emails man! Wow, Crawfords response does not sound good at all!

I am not sure Marco is ready or willing to do a whole engine rebuild. while that sounds pretty cool, it costs alot of frickn money! he was already looking at the potential of having to rebuild the tranny down the road as well as a stronger clutch and what not. None of this is cheap and really makes playing this modding game rather difficult. Especially when you know that down the road you will not get little to no money back out of it.

I am really sorry to hear about all of this and the Duck! I personally am struggling with my rebuilding ideas and am slowly getting used to the stock turbo power. while not as fast as it used to be or what it could be I am having very few problems with that crap. Instead I am dealing with a rattle in the rear (swaybar I think) and spring binding on the front pass. side. May just need to tighten the spring perch up a bit but really have had no time to deal with this. That right there is why I am tired of this crap! That right there is one of the reasons I have torn the car apart a couple of times. I just do not have the patients or funds to keep dealing with this mess.

Like I said, I hope for the best here. If you need a wrench and I can get it past the wife, I am there!

Going to counseling for AWD withdrawls!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:05 AM
BLUE WASABI
(#2 Info Provider)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro
As an update, I'm planning on replacing the headgaskets soon and selling the 20G in order to finance the repairs. This is awesome!

Ugh...
VF39 in your future...know a guy selling one cheap...have to check to see if it is still for sale...nevermind just checked...looks like some just got it.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Emeritus Forum Staff

Car Year: 04
Car Model: XT
Sorry you're having trouble. If you sell the 20G won't you just have to pay to be retuned? You sold the STi ECU and turbo right?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
The Duck of Doom
Contributing Member

Thanks guys. Yes I sold off the 39 and STi ecu... I'm thinking of trying to find a VF34 though and probably another STi ecu. We'll see - In the mean time I may even have to go back to a TD04 and stock ecu :shock: so I can sell the 20G while searching for a 34.

That, my friends, is going to suckle...

• '04/'07 F-XT

• '72
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 AM
BLUE WASABI
(#2 Info Provider)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro
Thanks guys. Yes I sold off the 39 and STi ecu... I'm thinking of trying to find a VF34 though and probably another STi ecu. We'll see - In the mean time I may even have to go back to a TD04 and stock ecu :shock: so I can sell the 20G while searching for a 34.

That, my friends, is going to suckle...
Yeah, an understatement...you will have to get the VF34 tuned, right. You can't do plug and play like the VF39, right?

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-12-2006, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
The Duck of Doom
Contributing Member

Yeah, you can. They are similar enough turbos that you can run a 34 with the stock STi ECU. I may also see if PDX can just reflash me with an off-the-shelf map for the time being though, for whatever snail i end up with.

• '04/'07 F-XT

• '72
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Aspiring Post Ho
Contributing Member

any news?

Going to counseling for AWD withdrawls!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
The Duck of Doom
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMWAGN
any news?
No big news... I've been driving the car for a bit now and I'm still a kind of unsure of exactly what's going on. Now it's time for some tests. I plan on taking her for a leakdown test and I'll have the coolant checked for CO while I'm at it. In the meantime, I've dialed down the boost, and everything seems fine... :?

• '04/'07 F-XT

• '72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > General Forum

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode