Iíve searched all over the internet and the forum today without much luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
After picking up my 2005 FXT I couldnít resist and got a good deal a non running 2011 Forester X Premium that had the engine swapped out at last fall. The donor motor came out of a 16 Outback and had 2k miles on it. The previous owner said that they had bought a replacement vehicle while the motor work was being done and that the Forester has just sat since getting it back home. He said that he started it a few times at first to keep the battery up then didnít touch it for months resulting in a dead battery.
Hereís where I am with it.
- First thing I noticed was the tach was jumping around, some of the lights in the cluster were randomly flashing and it wouldnít roll over.
- Tapped on the starter while my daughter turned the key and the armature freed up.
- Found the two ground wires under the intake on the motor were loose causing the tach and light craziness... solid now.
- Motor now cranks over but wonít fire.
- Fuel pump runs. Disconnected the fuel line from motor and it sprays out pretty good when you turn the key on.
- Swapped out both camshaft and crankshaft position sensors with no difference.
- Injectors are receiving pulse signal.
- Coil connector only getting 2v on pin 2 with key on. If I disconnect the engine harness connector I get 10v on the same wire (on the car side of the harness). I checked to see if the coil wire on the motor side was shorting to ground and it is not.
- Iím not sold on the battery being good so Iím picking up a new one tomorrow.
Any thoughts on the next steps or direction I should look?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk