WTB: (Want to Buy) Forester XT 5MT Under 8.5k Help! - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: N/A
Car Model: Forester XT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Forester XT 5MT Under 8.5k Help!

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a Forester XT from ANY year in ANY color with ANY options as long as its manual and under $8,500! I've been looking for a couple months to find a car that I can make into my daily driver. The Forester XT fits my needs perfectly but I just can't find one to buy. I really don't want to buy anything with over 110k miles on it as I need to motor to last a reasonable amount of time without needing a swap. To be honest, I am also open to buying a car with a blown motor that I can swap a new one into if the price is low enough. I don't mind a project but its hard enough finding one to make a project. College student looking for a fun little forester to make my daily for the next three years. Much love will be given to the car so if you have one and you're on the fence PLEASE don't be afraid to sell. Don't mind getting it shipped if the price is right and the car is clean. Thanks for the help everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:44 PM
The Seventh Sister
Administrator

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XT Premium
Transmission: 4EAT
Garage
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
There's a cheap one with a blown engine in my little town: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6094344900.html

Wrong coast, though, not sure if it's worth having it shipped across the country.

~ Silke ~
'04 FXT 4EAT PSM - "Subed Up"
'11 Honda CR-Z 6MT - "Kat"
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:08 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: FXT
Transmission: 5MT
@brianboko did you ever find one?

00 2.5 RS Coupe
04 Forester XT
06 Forester XT

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: N/A
Car Model: Forester XT
In fact I did! I picked up a silver 04 5mt with 88k miles on it for $5,800. Got a hell of a deal from the older gentleman selling it, he was the original owner. Very happy with the purchase although the Subaru 5mt is WAY different than the 5 speed in my 88 Toyota Supra. Dare I say the old Supra is much easier to drive. Oh well, I'm getting used to the forester now and it makes an amazing daily driver. Looking to go big turbo eventually (maybe something 20g, stock location) and possibly build the motor and trans. My first gear synchro is pretty much non existent, I don't force my shifts EVER so getting into first is pretty much only accomplishable at 0.5-1.0 mph, even with double clutch rev matching, the gear just won't take. I have to do plugs and fluids soon, I think everything is original (besides oil of course) so that could end up helping my first gear problems. Besides that, for the first 2 weeks I owned the car I would get the automatic AC blowing hot air randomly, not sure if its freon, the compressor clutch, or me not knowing how to work the 04 auto climate controls. Regardless it got cold outside too quickly to bother fixing for now, heat and defrost work fine. It's quirky I suppose with the stuff I listed above but it's still awesome and practical. Glad I bought one and will probably end up driving it into the ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Member Classifieds > Vehicles Wanted

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode