WTB: (Want to Buy) 98-02 SF5 Project - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: RHD Forester STI
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
98-02 SF5 Project

I am/was preparing to dive into my '02 Forester and turn it into more of a JDM STI looking and driving version. After doing research on all the parts I need.. or want, I've realized the most economical way to go about this is to pick up someone else's unwanted project. I search daily, but all you guys out in So-Cal are too far!

That being said the mechanical condition of the car isn't of much concern. All I'm looking for is something to rob of parts (jdm headlights, grill, hood w/ scoop, ect). I'm open to purchasing a mass of parts as well as a complete car with drivetrain, since I know what a pain in the *** it can be to part out a project.

I'm located in Metro-Atlanta and would be willing to travel to pick the car up. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-21-2017, 01:40 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 1997
Car Model: Subaru Forester stb
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Hey Coy-ote, glad you're going the sf5 route. I am semi familiar with US custom laws (I'm from Canada) and as far as I know you can import a JDM swap over all the parts onto a USDM forester and be fine. I do know that JDM body pieces tend to be very over priced, there's companies that will charge around $1500 for a beat up front clip. I'm curious with what your plan is to source the parts!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Hey Midnight, here in the US we can import all sorts of JDM parts, front clips, and I even recently finished converting an '04 Forester to RHD using a JDM clip. Basically I want to save as much money as I possibly can on this project. I could pick up each part piece by piece, but yeah like you said it gets pretty expensive quick. So.. I would like to buy someone else's unfinished SF5 project or if nothing pops up within a few months, import another front clip so I have a good amount of parts to start the build off with.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 04:26 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 99
Car Model: forester
interested in this as well, id like to find a good source for parts
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

eBay is a good way to go from my experience. Even if you don't buy from the website, it's a really good way to find companies in the US that stock masses of JDM parts. Again though, it will be more expensive and take more time to piece together than just buying a clip or incomplete project.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2017, 04:48 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 1997
Car Model: Subaru Forester stb
Transmission: 5 speed manual
I have been thinking about this and perhaps I can help. As of yesterday Alberta was just hit by a huge snow storm and like every year caught a lot of people off guard. Here we can directly import JDM SF5s so there is always some that get totalled and parted out when it snows. You can probably buy one with bad front end damage pretty cheap on a site called KIJIJI.ca. Here's a link.(this one looks like it was rear ended) Bonus for you regarding the exchange rate too. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

Last edited by MidnightMax; 11-04-2017 at 04:57 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Sorry for the late reply. That looks really promising! I'll update you with what I end up going with. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Member Classifieds > Vehicles Wanted

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode