Ordering to Delivery Timeline for 2019 Forester - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
User Tag List

22Likes

post #1 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordering to Delivery Timeline for 2019 Forester

For those who ordered 2019 Foresters recently, what have you been given as a time frame for delivery?
My dealer told me on Saturday that I'd be looking at mid-April, I haven't moved forward with anything yet though. (Would be my first time ordering a vehicle so I want to research more before agreeing to anything.)
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 09:57 AM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Forester Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugglePortkey View Post
For those who ordered 2019 Foresters recently, what have you been given as a time frame for delivery?
My dealer told me on Saturday that I'd be looking at mid-April, I haven't moved forward with anything yet though. (Would be my first time ordering a vehicle so I want to research more before agreeing to anything.)
Thanks!
Typical quoted estimated delivery times for ordered Foresters seem to be 6-8 weeks, assuming no problems at the factory in Japan..I ordered mine (Touring) August 20th and received it October 4th, although the estimated delivery time was originally the end of October.

MugglePortkey likes this.
post #3 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 11:13 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: Forester Sport
It is typically about 2 weeks sooner than what they'll tell you. I agree with Freddie that it will be 6-8 at most.
MugglePortkey and denissh like this.

2019 Sport
Subaru Ambassador

post #4 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:29 AM
Forum Member

Car Model: ForesterTouring 2.5
Received a confirmatory SOA email for my order of a Touring Model for January 30th, stating the dealer should receive the vehicle the last week of April. That wasnít good news. I was just reading about Mercedes now building SUVís here and guessed that their production cost per car in a right to work state is less than near headquarters, and whether that might be true for Subaru as well. Three months indicates an operations problem, everything else being equal.

Last edited by johndixs; 02-13-2019 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Incorrect auto-correct spelling
post #5 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Forum Member

I ordered in late December (i.e. dealer adjusted existing allocation I assume).
My email from Subaru of America indicated a last week of February delivery.
The dealer continues to tell me this is what their system shows (have me a screen print).
Today they told me since it's a port vehicle, it won't show up in their system until just prior to arrival.
They tell me Subaru typically under promises dates.

I would expect some delay given the plant downtime.
I'll stay positive and hope I'm in the car within the next 3-4 weeks...
post #6 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Forum Member

Transmission: CVT7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
I ordered in late December (i.e. dealer adjusted existing allocation I assume).
My email from Subaru of America indicated a last week of February delivery.
The dealer continues to tell me this is what their system shows (have me a screen print).
Today they told me since it's a port vehicle, it won't show up in their system until just prior to arrival.
They tell me Subaru typically under promises dates.

I would expect some delay given the plant downtime.
I'll stay positive and hope I'm in the car within the next 3-4 weeks...
if emails from Subaru of America is activated on your order ... you will get 4 emails total
1 Order and ETA month
2 VIN and in production and ETA month
3 VIN Transit and ETA date
4 VIN Port and ETA date
track from port to dealer normally info between track company and dealer ...
Peja and twospirits like this.

Last edited by denissh; 02-13-2019 at 10:54 AM.
post #7 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 AM
Forum Member

Transmission: Rubber band
+1. Exactly what I got.
post #8 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndixs View Post
Received a confirmatory SOA email for my order of a Touring Model for January 30th, stating the dealer should receive the vehicle the last week of April. That wasnít good news. I was just reading about Mercedes now building SUVís here and guessed that their production cost per car in a right to work state is less than near headquarters, and whether that might be true for Subaru as well. Three months indicates an operations problem, everything else being equal.
Yikes, that timeline is not good to hear - hoping that turns out not to be the case! My sales person is telling me they will take the order and discuss pricing only AFTER the vehicle comes. I will not order (and give a deposit, even if it is refundable) unless we have an agreed on price in writing before ordering. So looks like I'll be back to contacting multiple dealers to even get an order in. I hate the car shopping process but can't wait to drive away in my new Forester!
post #9 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugglePortkey View Post
Yikes, that timeline is not good to hear - hoping that turns out not to be the case! My sales person is telling me they will take the order and discuss pricing only AFTER the vehicle comes. I will not order (and give a deposit, even if it is refundable) unless we have an agreed on price in writing before ordering. So looks like I'll be back to contacting multiple dealers to even get an order in. I hate the car shopping process but can't wait to drive away in my new Forester!
Something is wrong here...

Unless youíre referring to setting a firm value on your trade-in, the dealership knows EXACTLY what it needs to know to quote you a firm price.

If thatís not the case, you should RUN from this dealership... as fast as you can!

I ordered my 2019 Touring less than a week after it was available for order (last August). The deal was calculated and pricing finalized the day of the order, and I knew to the penny what the pricing structure was...

The only variable in a vehicle ordering situation is setting the value of your trade, unless you plan on leaving your vehicle with the dealership the day of placing your order.
post #10 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 02:49 PM
Forum Member

I agree. I just put a deposit down on a car that had to order. I had negotiated price before deposit and trade in. Just went in to sign some papers and talk to financing. They will honor whaterver trade in value they gave me at time even though car will have more mileage on it. It actually gives me more time to save up and put a little more down to lower monthly cost.

post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:41 PM
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by denissh View Post
if emails from Subaru of America is activated on your order ... you will get 4 emails total
1 Order and ETA month
2 VIN and in production and ETA month
3 VIN Transit and ETA date
4 VIN Port and ETA date
track from port to dealer normally info between track company and dealer ...
Found Email #2 in my Promotions folder from a few days ago. I now have a VIN. ETA still indicates last week of February. They must have some very efficient boats and trains, no?
post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:01 PM
Forum Member

Transmission: Rubber band
Report long delivery time, deliver shorter delivery time and the customer is happy.
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 PM
Forum Member

Car Model: ForesterTouring 2.5
FF: Concur. That is the process. Had the car trade value done while in for reqíd oil change, got their pricing info, and called them 2 days later to set the order in place. It helped that this was the second car Iíd purchased there and neither the personnel nor their approach to pricing had changed.

Last edited by johndixs; 02-17-2019 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Typo
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Member

I don't have a trade-in (doing a private party sale) and I have my financing worked out already so I thought the process should be straightforward to order, but yes I felt a little uncomfortable that the sales person may be giving me the run around.
Separate question, I have an ambassador coupon (that I've been keeping in my back pocket so far and have not mentioned to any dealer), at what point do you mention that in your price negotiations if you are ordering? I was told only to give it to the finance person at the "last minute" - does that mean after the car comes in when I'm picking it up? Or after we've reached the final lowest price I can negotiate when ordering do I throw it out as "one more thing" to adjust the price.
Thanks for the advice!

Last edited by MugglePortkey; 02-22-2019 at 01:16 PM.
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 06:31 AM
Forum Member

Transmission: CVT7
looks like you don't have good relation with your dealer

at the time your finance person starting to print your final purchase agreement ( the one is done on matrix printer 40-in long )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > General Forums > Forester Shopping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode