I've been meaning to post this up for a while! First of all, thanks for all the ideas on how to convert the subbie into a million star hotel. I wanted something clean, easy to set-up and take down, also looking decent. I am a graphic designer so aesthetics matter to me:).
My primary inspiration was from @SuBooneru
, who came out with this clever setup to level the trunk with folded down seats. This idea was great for few reasons: 1) easy to make 2) easy to take down.
1) I made few measurements, got some light plywood and created this:
The carpet tile was pretty cheap at a local walmart, and matched the interior! Score.
2) Next I ordered a queen size 3" memory mattress from Amazon and cut it down to the shape of the interior. ( electric carving knife works wonders on memory foam )
3) Since I couldn't just leave it as it :), I went got some materials and made a cover the for memory foam. Given I have never used a sewing machine, this was the hardest part.. Local store wanted to charge me 200 bucks for it, so I decided to do it on my own, it took almost 2 weeks of "after work hours". But it came out, I think, decent!
4) Next up was the bedding. Local ikea to the rescue! Fleece blanket + synthetic comforter + down pillows.
5) For winter camping I added a low-watt electric blanket powered by Anker PowerHouse Battery (120000mAh ), that keeps me steady warm for about 2 nights, before needs to be recharged. A friend of mine suggested a faux fur to complete the set-up. Haha..
haha.. I promise this isn't a mobile porn vehicle :)
6) A shot from inside of the cozy kingdom ( with some string lights )
I absolutely love this set-up. It goes from camping vehicle to clean and classy business transportation tool in matter of 5 minutes.
Again, thanks for creating this forum and all help along the way.
Questions? Leave it below!