Welcome Discount Tire Direct! - Page 2 - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Contributing Member
 
bbottomley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New London, NH
Posts: 17,425
Car Year: 2018
Car Model: 2.5i Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
I tried to track down an "Conti Extreme" in the 215.60.16 and was unable to find one. I spoke with Continental and according to them, they don't make it in that size. They do however make the Pro Contact and the Touring Contact AS. Are you interested in one of those?
Drat! They used to. I've got four of them.

I'll have to do more research on this. Snow performance is high on my list due to the uncertainty of when the first or last storm of the season is going to occur.


2.5i Premium CVT - Me 2018, She 2016 ● Robin-Subaru Powered Generator
bbottomley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbottomley View Post
Yes, I see Continental now when I look at the overall list of brands that you carry, but the brand doesn't show up in the pulldown list for the 215/60-16 that's stock for my 2003. I'm currently using (and happy with) their Extreme Contacts and will be looking for a replacement set in the next few months.

I bought this set from Tirerack, and while they still list them there they no longer show this particular size. Nor do you. All you've got is 17s and 18s.
I just got off the phone with Coninental, the 215/60VR16 Conti Extreme Contact is on back order. The rep says they have a production date set for "sometime" in June. This is all the information she could offer me.


Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Contributing Member
 
bbottomley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New London, NH
Posts: 17,425
Car Year: 2018
Car Model: 2.5i Premium
Transmission: CVT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
I just got off the phone with Coninental, the 215/60VR16 Conti Extreme Contact is on back order. The rep says they have a production date set for "sometime" in June. This is all the information she could offer me.
Ah, that’s a horse of a different color. I won't be needing them till state inspection time, which runs through the end of July, so it might just work out OK.

Thanks. Keep in touch.

2.5i Premium CVT - Me 2018, She 2016 ● Robin-Subaru Powered Generator
bbottomley is offline  
 
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Good to know. I'm ordering next week, and would love to save some bucks, and also support a vendor. Being Canadian, it's hard to get decent prices.
We have always shipped to Canada but give us two weeks and we'll have something better than what we have now for our friends up North. We've been working hard to make it easier for you and its all coming together.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Forum Member
 
dirteemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 1,660
Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester SportsXT AT
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
hey there, do you could get me a set of these in hyper black?

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct
dirteemac is offline  
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirteemac View Post
hey there, do you could get me a set of these in hyper black?

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

We sure can, give us a call and we'll get them ordered up for you. 1.888.459.4080.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Forum Member
 
dirteemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 1,660
Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester SportsXT AT
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
We sure can, give us a call and we'll get them ordered up for you. 1.888.459.4080.
dirteemac is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,325
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hate to rush but when will the 235/45/18 kuhmo spt be up. I need tires quick, and if there not up soon I'll just go local.
bland is offline  
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:09 AM
The Sub kit guy
Contributing Member
 
sea-scooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Renton, Wa
Posts: 13,100
Car Year: 2005
Car Model: Forester X & XT VF39
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Does a 235/45/18 fit fine? I was thinking of going with the same size.




05 Forester XTi Premium M/T (bobbytuned VF39)(his)
05 Forester X A/T (hers)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sea-scooby is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Forum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,325
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
From what other have ran it seems to. it's 245/45/18 that causes trouble.

bland is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
Hate to rush but when will the 235/45/18 kuhmo spt be up. I need tires quick, and if there not up soon I'll just go local.
Unfortunately, this particular size has to be special ordered from Kumho, it is not on our marketing list for inventory...If you would like to special order them, travel time to your door is usually two weeks.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Forum Member
 
singincanary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County, NY
Posts: 5,548
Car Year: 02
Car Model: Foz
Transmission: 4eat
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I have always loved DTD. Unfortunately I just had a bad experience where I ordered some new tires for my sister's mini-van which desparately needed replacements. They were ordered on Saturday the 3rd. I figured arrival by the 8th or 9th. When they didn't arrive by the 13th I called in and was told that the tire was backordered with no idea when they would be available. I understand there is nothing that DTD could have done to get the tire, but I received NO phone call or email explaining the situation, just left swinging in the wind. A little disappointing after the stellar service I have received in the past.

I miss my turbo, and my 6-speeds of fun.
singincanary is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singincanary View Post
I have always loved DTD. Unfortunately I just had a bad experience where I ordered some new tires for my sister's mini-van which desparately needed replacements. They were ordered on Saturday the 3rd. I figured arrival by the 8th or 9th. When they didn't arrive by the 13th I called in and was told that the tire was backordered with no idea when they would be available. I understand there is nothing that DTD could have done to get the tire, but I received NO phone call or email explaining the situation, just left swinging in the wind. A little disappointing after the stellar service I have received in the past.

That doesn't sound right. (the part about no call).. Pm me your name and phone number and I'll look into your order for you.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Forum Member
 
Bill Hobbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 153
Car Year: 2006
Car Model: Forester XT
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
website suggestion

Here's a "round to it" or two for someone in your shop. The website now has a virtual tour of various tire combinations with cars (someone else also has this). That's good. But it doesn't have the Forester at all for years 2005 and following. The one for 2004 - I'm not sure that's a 2004 but if it is, it's two-tone paint scheme is not easy to relate to what many of us drive. Secondly, the wheels pictured exclude some of the inventory (e.g., MB Speed and Interline). And third, your site does not give the place of manufacture. I even went by the local DT shop and asked the manager about the MB Speed and he had no idea where it came from and didn't offer to find out("All I know is they're made overseas."). I had $ in hand but just walked out and got something else elsewhere. I've seen here that MB is A-Tech, a Japanese-made product, but in the internet world it's getting pretty important for retailers to know at least what customers know. Not all buyers are like my wife: "What's the difference between a tire and a wheel?"

I hope this doesn't sound like whining - just trying to be helpful. I want you to be successful here.

Bill

06 FXT, 4eat, stg 2
Bill Hobbs is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 837
Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Hobbs View Post
Here's a "round to it" or two for someone in your shop. The website now has a virtual tour of various tire combinations with cars (someone else also has this). That's good. But it doesn't have the Forester at all for years 2005 and following. The one for 2004 - I'm not sure that's a 2004 but if it is, it's two-tone paint scheme is not easy to relate to what many of us drive. Secondly, the wheels pictured exclude some of the inventory (e.g., MB Speed and Interline). And third, your site does not give the place of manufacture. I even went by the local DT shop and asked the manager about the MB Speed and he had no idea where it came from and didn't offer to find out("All I know is they're made overseas."). I had $ in hand but just walked out and got something else elsewhere. I've seen here that MB is A-Tech, a Japanese-made product, but in the internet world it's getting pretty important for retailers to know at least what customers know. Not all buyers are like my wife: "What's the difference between a tire and a wheel?"

I hope this doesn't sound like whining - just trying to be helpful. I want you to be successful here.

Bill
Thank you for the suggestions. I am sorry that you didn't get more effort put into your question. I would be happy to look them up for you. Are you still looking? PM me the questions you have and I will do my best to answer them. I have forwarded your message to our Web department. We appreciate your suggestions. Thank you Bill.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Discount Tire is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Vendor Member Section > Discount Tire

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome