Geolandar A/T-S No Longer Available At Discount Tire? - Subaru Forester Owners Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By GeoJosh
  • 2 Post By Discount Tire

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: WRX Limited
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Geolandar A/T-S No Longer Available At Discount Tire?

I was about to pull the trigger on a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S for my 2014 Forester Limited (SJ) in the stock 225/60-17 size at my local Discount Tire in Dallas yesterday. One more time I checked Discounttire.com to get the total cost, and was shocked to see that they're no longer on their website. They were there just a few days ago when I looked. I called the store and was told that they were discontinued??? I then called another store and was told that they didn't know if Yokohama was discontinuing them or not but that Discount Tire was no longer carrying them. THEN I decided to call Yokohama US customer service and was told that they had NOT been discontinued and that they were still available from other dealers. I've always bought tires from DT for all of my vehicles and have for many years, to take advantage of their free rotate and balance for the life of the tire deal. With the dropping of the Geolandar A/T-S, this leaves exactly ZERO choices for an A/T tire for the NA Forester in the stock size at Discount Tire. It appears you'll have to shop elsewhere to get Geolandars from now on.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Forum Member

Car Year: 2016
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Yeah I searched too and it appears the sizes they offer are limited. Are you sure they can't special order them for you?

Shop for Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S Tires in the Dallas/Ft. Worth - Midcities Area - Discount Tire

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I'm doing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Member

Car Year: 2017
Car Model: WRX Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Yeah I searched too and it appears the sizes they offer are limited. Are you sure they can't special order them for you?

Shop for Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S Tires in the Dallas/Ft. Worth - Midcities Area - Discount Tire
The 225/60-17 size was always shown to be "special order" on their website. Not sure how their supply chain worked or if they warehoused that size internally or not. I'm guessing that they didn't sell enough of most sizes to continue to be able to sell them at a reasonable price. I PM'd the Discount Tire forum member yesterday to get the scoop but I haven't gotten a response.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Emeritus Forum Staff

Car Year: 2014
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Transmission: CVT
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If Yokohama still carries them, Discount should be able to get them.

When I ordered the Geolandars in the past, my local store had to call Yokohama and order them.
Hacksaw likes this.

Lifted 2014 XT Touring Ice Silver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:52 AM
Supporting Vendor

Car Year: 2008
Car Model: All
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
We just replied to your PM, Sooneru. Thank you for your patience!

For those curious... the 225/60R-17 A/T-S has not been discontinued and can still be purchased through our brick and mortar locations as well as our mail order division, Discount Tire Direct. Some of our locations, however, no longer carry the A/T-S line in stock as the replacement version (Geolandar GO15) was recently released. It's important to note that the new GO15 is not currently built in the 225/60R-17 size.
SHHHHHH and Wyldcat89 like this.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Subaru Forester Owners Forum > Vendor Member Section > Discount Tire

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode