OK so the swap begins.
Yesterday was rip and tear day:
Here is the pile of parts we removed.
Myself and 2 of my buddies started at 10 am, by noon we had everything removed.....here is the pile.
By 1:30 we had the rear end put together.
Then I started tearing the interior apart to install the pedal box, I quickly realized that the pedal box was not going to go in easily with the steering column in place, so I removed it.
I needed to remove the column anyway to drill out the break off bolts that hold the ignition switch in place...I had to replace the ECU, ignition switch and immobilizer since i am going from auto to manual...:
Today, I worked by myself and took a bit of a detour.
I decided that since we had the car this far apart, it made sense to install my VF39, and Grimmspeed up-pipe since it is a lot easier to do it when the tranny is out of the way.
The VF39 I had from the STi I purchased a couple years ago:
Grimmspeed up-pipe (wrapped and ceramic coated) installed:
Then, I decided that since I was this far along, and I already painted the brake booster, that I would take the plunge and install the STi brake master cylinder and brake booster since I had them in hand and everything in the engine bay was still apart.
It turned out to be really easy to do,
Old booster out:
New booster, master cylinder and clutch master installed:
I spent the rest of the day dealing with merging the auto trans harness, with the 6MT trans harness.
The idea here is to take the 12 pin "inhibitor switch" plug and merge it with the 6 pin 6MT trans harness plug.
This way I will NOT have to cut any harness on the engine side, and if I ever want to go back to auto for some odd reason, then I can just purchase a new trans harness to replace the one I had to cut.
There are only 6 wires to deal with in this merge for 3 circuits: (1) reverse lights (2) neutral safety switch (3) DCCD
The speed sensor plug on the 6MT will get (1) power, (2) ground and (3) signal wire
The signal wire runs up to the cluster and daisy chains over to the ECU, and power is ignition switched, then a ground (3 wires on the speed sensor).
More will follow tomorrow as we get the tranny installed and the rest of the chassis put back together.
I will also be detailing out the engine bay, cleaning hoses, wiping stuff down and generally sprucing things up as much as I can.