Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Bobby's WRB '07 FSXT

('06-'08) 
2M views 2K replies 152 participants last post by  forestmods 
#1 ·
Notice - with the recent site upgrade, my Member Journals have been seriously messed up! The "Table of Contents" links are "hit or miss," but the posts can still be located by the "Post #" shown on the link.
The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found on ► Post #124. This thread keeps growing, so to make it easier to navigate (skip over the chitchat), I added a Table of Contents with links to the main posts.

July 2, 2009​

Thank you for taking the time to look over my Member Journal, or MODding Journal, as I call it (literary license). Your comments, questions, or suggestions are always welcome. Post them here or send me a PM.

June 29, 2009 - The beginning!​

First, thanks to Ian, @Arthrogrian19, for helping me find my next project, Forester. I'd been looking for over a year for my next project, Forester. It's way newer than I wanted; I had my heart set on a low-mile '04 XT. Of course, I spent more than my budgeted amount, but who could pass on a low-mileage '07 Forester Sports XT in WRB!

After contacting the seller for details, with check in hand, my son & I drove up to Shoreline, WA (North of Seattle, WA) to look over the Forester. The Forester was parked in my driveway before dark!

The '07 FSXT is not perfect, being preowned, but with just a bit over 21K miles, it still smells like new (detail spray?) & runs perfectly. It's 100% stock, with the exception of a set of Kumho tires the dealership just installed.

I wanted to get more pictures, but the camera batteries died & the backup set let us down. :frown:

Okay, on to the pictures, with me thinking... what to do first! Perhaps that should be what to do second since I just ordered a set of floor mats from Jackie, @SubaruPartsGirl, a supporting vendor here on the forum.

Bobby...
Below are the first pictures of the Forester taken at the dealership.

Here's how my retirement project looks now! You'll have to look over my Member Journal for all the details.

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found ► here. (post #124)

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
Sweet!! I have a sort-of twin in the area, looks exactly like mine when I bought it! :biggrin:

I know you were looking for a very long time, so congrats on the purchase and I can't wait to see what you do with it!
It's your fault! :wink: After looking at your posts, the color had to be WRB! :cool:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

#12 ·
sweet... now sell me that avo kit (if your son doesn't want it) :D...

congrats!

What plans do you have for this beast?
I was telling Ian (Arthrogrian19) when I took the '07FSXT on a test drive, my first impression was that my '03 was quicker off the line (pulled harder). Of course the '07FSXT has more that I can build on. :wink:

Bobby...

The Table of Contents for my Member Journal can be found :icon_arrow: here. (post #124)

#14 · (Edited)
Sweet man, congrats on the upgrade! What are you gonna do with the turbo'd X, give it to your son?
Yes, Alex want it & you can bet he will take care of it! We're going to keep the '95 Neon Sport for a backup car & the insurance company will still think he's the primary driver of the Neon. :wink:

Bobby...

#22 ·
Awesome! looks almost exactly like mine did when I picked it up back in September.

My suggestions for first mods are rear spoiler and tint.
I've always been negative on spoilers, but the way the frontend has been extended to enclude the bumper, a spoiler would complete the overall look. :wink:

Yes, must have tint & especially on that monster moon roof! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

#21 ·
Very cool! You should have let us know you were up this way so we could check it out and grab lunch.

Got any plans for it? So how would you compare a stock XT to your turboed X?
Do I have plans?! :biggrin:

As I wrote on another post, the '07FSXT felt a bit slower on floored acceleration. It didn't shove me back into the seat as much. I'm sure I can improve the performance. :wink:

Bobby...

#15 · (Edited)
It needs some TLC before I feel right in it. As I was driving back from Seattle (200+ miles), I kept thinking that hood scoop is too small! :icon_eek:

Bobby...

#18 ·
Man, starting with a clean slate is so cool! :cool: I agree, it needs heaver front & rear swaybars.

Bobby...

#19 ·
I have to keep telling to stop "drooling" on the paint! :lol: I love the color of the '03, but WRB is nice. :cool:

Bobby...

#20 ·
For those of you that know I have Motegi alloy chromes on the '03, worry not, the '07FSXT will "NOT" have chromes. I know what I want & I'll post it up when I get them. The tires will be be Toyo Proxes 4, 235/50 on 17" wheels. :smile:

Bobby...

#26 ·
Crap! At this rate, I'll have to go back to work to support my new ride! :huh: It might have been less costly to start dating again... perhaps not! :lol:

Thanks for the link! I saw the mud flaps on your ride & I was wondering why this one didn't have them. :confused:

Bobby...

#32 ·
Hmmm... I just noticed. :icon_eek: To tell you the truth, all I ever wanted was 2 blobs, not that I'm complaining. :biggrin:

Bobby...

#34 ·
:lol: I can't even drive right now. Since I bought it out of State, they gave me a 3 day trip permit. Now I have to wait for the title so I can get the vehicle inspected & licensed with the DMV... I can hardly wait to stand in line for this chore. :shake:

Bobby...

#36 ·
I figured as much, but not really a problem. I've got way too many house project in progress right now. :smile:

Bobby...

#38 · (Edited)
Having the '03 & the '07 side by side made me choose the spoiler. The lines are smoother on '07 & the spoiler will fit right in. :smile:

Bobby...

#39 · (Edited)
Here's the family. Left to right. '07 FSXT, '03 X highly MODded with an AVO turbo kit & now our back up car, a lightly MODded '95 Neon Sport. :biggrin:

Bobby...

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.