Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2019 - Sport Wheels on my Premium?

('19+) 
17K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Kean 
#1 ·
I haven't been able to find much on anyone swapping Sport wheels/tires for the stock Premium wheels/tires on the new model (2019). I'm really liking the look, and being a newbie to all things wheels, I didn't have to wade through the waters of offset changes, lift kits and matching tires with aftermarket wheels. These Sport wheels/tires were purchased on eBay for $950 with free shipping straight to the dealer who balanced and mounted them, and transferred the TPMS's. What do you think?

Attachments

See less See more
#16 ·
Nice wheel and tire setup! Having A/T tires really make huge difference on how Forester look. I really wanted to get KO2 or similar, but I didn't want to take out my 2019 Sport OEM wheels, so I had to go with semi-A/T tire such Geolander G015 that comes in 225/55-R18 factory wheel size.

#19 ·
“and transferred TPMS's.”

I have a 2020 Premium, black, which I want to put these 18” Sports on! I was wondering about the tire sensors, and how they communicate with the vehicle, and it seems like it has to be done by someone who at least knows what they’re doing ha. Was there anything else needed to know when switching the stock premium wheels with the sports?

#20 ·
I suppose I would sell my stock Sport wheels if anyone else is interested. They are just sitting in the basement and I don;t see myself ever going back to them.

But, how on earth do you ship wheels?? Seems like it would cost a fortune. I can see selling tires or wheels, but a full set of wheels with tires and sensors mounted, seems big and impossible to ship for any reasonable money.

#21 ·
But, how on earth do you ship wheels?? Seems like it would cost a fortune. I can see selling tires or wheels, but a full set of wheels with tires and sensors mounted, seems big and impossible to ship for any reasonable money.
That's why a lot of folks will only sell locally. That's what I did 10 years ago when I traded in my '03 WRX. I sold the RPF1s I had on there to someone in the next county. Had them meet me at a gas station off the freeway near me.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.