Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('19+) Adaptive cruise/EyeSight not recognizing stopped traffic
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
SubieGirl19
Forum Member

Car Year: 2019
Car Model: Forester Touring
Transmission: AWD
Adaptive cruise/EyeSight not recognizing stopped traffic

I have a brand new 2019 Forester Touring, fully loaded with some extras (my 1st Subaru). I've had many early issues and numerous trips back to the shop, most recently to have the entire infotainment system replaced after updates only worsened literally dozens of issues, some safety-related but mostly annoying 'bugs' that weren't allowing me full or proper use of the features. I'm not sure if what I'm writing about here is a separate issue or still part of an ongoing technical issue with the car itself since some issues were fixed by the most recent repair/replacement deck... but 100% of the time, when I'm using the adaptive cruise and relying on EyeSight to sense slowed/stopped traffic ahead, it's not working. While it will pace OK with traffic while the cars ahead are in motion, anytime the traffic has come to a complete stop (at any speed including full highway speed) it will barrell toward the stopped cars at full speed and there's no way I'm going to let it go to see if it stops me pre-crash. If I didn't take over and brake in those last seconds I believe it would continue at FULL speed endlessly toward the stopped traffic (which we get a lot around the DC metro area). It's like if the traffic is stopped vs slowed, it doesn't sense it at all-- even to slow down, let alone stop. Is anyone else having this issue? I found numerous similar reports over the years on other forums for older models but the 2019 Forester is of course a 'new' car in many respects and there don't seem to be many reports on this that I've found. Thanks for any help or input!

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome