Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('19+) Headlights won't turn off - Merged thread
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
garyquicker
Forum Member

Headlights won't turn off # 3

I previously posted the following message:

I have a 2019 Premium Forester which I received two days ago. I am having the following problem.
After shifting to reverse or drive the low beam headlights come on. There is no way to turn them off until the engine is stopped. It does not matter what the setting is: AUTO or any other setting.

I took this to the dealer. To make a long story short the service manager and the salesman eventually agreed. They had no answer.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this.

Thanks

I received answers such as DRL.

Common sense tells me those LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS should not come on when shifting to reverse or drive. Why have the sensor that turns your headlights on at dusk if they are already on.

Another suggestion was to turn the lights on when in park and then compare them to the lights that are on when in drive. I did that. There is no difference. The outside LED and the inside yellow lights are both on. I said above that the service manager and the salesman did not have an answer. That was a long story short. I will expand that story more. For the first several minutes they thought I simply did not understand how the lights worked. The service manager told me they were on because we were inside and it was somewhat dark. I said that didn't matter and let's take it outside. We took it outside and the low beam headlights still came on. The service manager got inside the car and fooled around with stuff. I don't know what. The service manager then agreed with me. He had no answer and said he would try to find out something. He has not called.

Bottom line: they come on when shifted into reverse or drive; they will not turn off until the car is shifted into park.

I think there is a defect with something. It is going to be a warranty issue and I am not looking forward to it. I think it will be a battle. Hopefully not.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome