Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('06-'08) Is this the end? Oil Consumption and CEL
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
garyg7133
Forum Member

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: Forester
I have done the drop and fill trans fluid change yearly since I bought the vehicle. I will continue to do so until such time as I trade the car in or it dies. I don't like driving the fluid until it's cooked. Never had a tranny issue and don't intend to start now. The oil filter is not in the best spot to not be a mess when taken off which is why I do not do it myself. Doing it without ramps? Have fun. My car isn't lowered and it's tight even trying to get under for the tranny bolt.

I've had the car 10 years and with the exception of when I got a flat have never seen the CEL go on except at ignition. Having it go on AND having the stupid cruise control blinking and not functioning was double panic inducing at 3:00 a.m. while going to work on a 70 mile trip. Now that i have an idea what the CEL is I will continue my fluid changes as scheduled and if the CEL doesn't cycle off over the weekend it gets looked at by the local Subie shop on monday.

'07 X 2.5 EAT

Last edited by garyg7133; 04-17-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome