Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - The 245+ Club
Thread: The 245+ Club
View Single Post
post #1131 of (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Freakshow999
Forum Member

Car Year: 2015
Car Model: Forester XT Touring
Transmission: Stock Cooler/Heater Hardlines Deleted Custom 19 Row Cooler with -6AN Lines Directly Ported to CVT
Garage
TSW Forged 19x8 +35 (needed to clear my CTS-V Brembo Swap) Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 255/45/19. Front camber +1 Rear camber +1.5 (it is a daily...) I got an amazing deal on these wheels with Contact 6's on them. I was in a spot as my mechanic let me know the stock 18's weren't going to clear the calipers at 4pm on a Saturday.
There was no one with hub centric spacers available in the area. I came across a Craigslist ad for these $800 with the tires mounted and even had wheel bags. They were in brand new condition absolutely not blemishes anywhere. I told him I am not going to even haggle with you. I know how much these are worth. He's a Subaru family and these came off of his SJ FXT which he traded in for an H6 Outback because it was more practical for his children. They still have an NA SJ that's lifted his wife drives.

I would eventually like to go to a little bit different offset with an 8.5 or 9" wheel width. I've got plenty of room inside with my coilovers.
I wish I could get these same wheels in those widths, but alas it's not in the cards. And, due to my header install and ride height I only have 3-4" of clearance on the front protection plan. So I really can't go any lower. With my custom 8k Swift springs I get no rubbing whatsoever.
The front fenders are rolled the rears are a different story all together. There are a wheel arch, a rear bumper panel and a pinch weld section to deal with. A fellow owner of an SH showed me how they did his rears with the pinch weld section so it's doable to get more clearance back there, but it would be best to run an offset that set the wheels within the fenders
If I am in a position to get similar wider wheels with a little be closer offset I would go with the PS4's 255/40/19's. One can dream! lol

Suspension: Custom built BC Racing DR series digressive valved for being trackable with 8K front and rear Swift springs. All available Cusco bracing with the exception of the piece that goes behind the rear bumper, front and rear strut tower braces. Whiteline drop compensation front kit, front endlinks, rear spherical endlinks and rear toe arms, Perrin PSRS +.6 front rear of arm caster bushings, pitch stop mount, engine mounts and 25mm rear swaybar, ISC rear control arms, SuperPro front position control arm bushing and rear trailing arm bushings. I think that is it on suspension...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Freakshow999; 07-25-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome