Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - If you have welded your Sway Bar link tabs PLEASE READ!
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Oi8ur5.0
Forum Member

Thanks for the Offer Tom....much appreciated. I was able to source a set of stock 04 STI take offs....from a Local Vendor (Miles @ Racecomp).

Those STI Lat Links are about an 1/8 inch shorter than the Stock FXT's. I've had a shop dial in the allignment for me...and the camber was fine....so no noticible problems. I run 225 tires as well....so I'm sure that compensates for the track differences. I may run some slight wheel spacers too....but we'll see.

pleiad7: Be very careful with your welded tabs/links. I'm not convinced that frequently taking a look at them could catch a failure before it happens. Mine did show signs that the crack had started sometime before the total failure....but how long...is tuff to say. I'd be very worried that one could stike a moderate pot hole....and quickly start a crack that gives out a few miles down the road. I may be exagerating the danger a tad.....but if so...I'm happy to do it. We should be modifying our Cars for the better (in most regards)....and it appears that this is one mod that is dangerousely unwise.

A forester...........From hell.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome