Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - No Thanks To Patriot Subaru
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-15-2017, 10:06 AM
rantlers
Forum Member

Car Year: '06
Car Model: Forester LL Bean
Man I don't know what it is with Subaru people, but in all of my time spent modifying cars, crawling around on probably 50 different forums, and working in the auto industry, I've never encountered as many owners of a particular brand with such terribly snooty attitudes. I swear, some of you must think you drive Bentleys. Should everyone lay down red carpets for you to walk on everywhere you go? You drive Subaru Foresters - some of the most regular cars on the road. You're not royalty just because you've bought a handful of basic cars over the years. Sometimes cars have issues, and you have to deal with it.

If they told you the battery must've gone dead because of leaving a light on or something, they're right. That's the most common way for batteries to die. Naturally that's going to be the first step in problem solving chain - address and eliminate the most common cause. Next they're going to solve your immediate issue - towing it somewhere so you can fix the issue. You chose to have AAA replace the battery instead of towing it to the dealer, and then you dropped the issue and came to the forum to complain.

The fact of the matter is that batteries are dumb tech, and sometimes they fail for unknown reasons. It's not the end of the world. It could be that the battery sat on a stock shelf for a little too long, or maybe that there's a slightly bigger issue like an unknown battery drain that's not large enough to cause huge problems, but now it finally caught up. Pennies trapped in cigarette lighters have been known to cause battery drain. Accessories like phone chargers can error and cause it too. Maybe there's nothing wrong, and the battery just ended up being a dud. It's just a battery. It's really not a big deal.

As you can see above my comment, the dealer kindly responded, and everything sounds very reasonable. Unfortunately for them, they're now forced into damage control for their own sake because you're attempting to ruin their name on a forum, even though it was obviously a tiny misunderstanding over a $75 battery. Maybe try communicating and discussing it fully next time.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome