post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 AM
fairdeal87
Forum Member

Car Year: 2012
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulKim View Post
Most of these dealer profit items can be canceled by calling the third party providers directly.

My friend insisted on buying a new car that she couldnt afford. According to the finance guy at the dealer she could only get approved for a 6 or 7 (i forget which) loan if she bought the extended warranty. But he told us we can just buy the warranty to get approved and cancel it once the loan was approved. Not sure how true this was or if he just hoped we wouldnt cancel it. But we had no issues canceling it and getting the credit toward the loan, which was well over $1000.

Check the fine print on your receipts. It is unlikely any warranties you bought are actually from Subaru/dealer.

Back in 2012 when I was shopping for a Forester, I had made a deal with Star Subaru in Bayside. My credit was excellent but the only way they could approve me for a loan was if they added the Subaru Gold Plus warranty. I was a bit shocked and knew I was getting taken for a ride. The deal ended up not going thru because when I went to pick up the car, it had damage and I did not accept it. I am glad I didn't go thru with the deal. I Went to Gregoris in Valley stream & I have bought 5 cars from them to this day. Gregoris never once pressured me to buy any after sale products and never told me that I needed those after sale products to get approved for the financing. It still amazes me how this type of practice is still being done.

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome