View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2015, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
jgrote
Emeritus Forum Staff

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester
Transmission: 4EAT
ATTN: Computer Builders

For any of you interested in building PC's, I'm about to start a new build. Most of the parts come from machines I've harvested, but I will need to buy a few things to put it all together. Please, feel free to give me your opinions!

So far:
MOBO: MSI X79A-GD45
Processor: 12 core 3.2ghz Intel
RAM: lots (32gig ddr3)
GPU's: Nvidia (MSI technically) GTX760 and GTX660

I need a case and a PSU to put this stuff in. For the PSU, I like this: Amazon.com: Sentey® Power Supply 750w 80 Plus Bronze - Mbp750-hs Metal Blade Power 750 Watts / 120mm Sleeve Bearing Fan / Autoswitching 100-240 Voltage / Active PFC / Single +12v Rail / Certified Power Cord / 5 Years Warranty Computer Power Supply -
I still haven't found a case I like. I would like one that doesn't have all the space up front for drives. I don't need it. I doubt I'll have any optical drives at all. It would also be cool if it was pink or black/pink. I also need keyboard/mouse/monitor too, but that's pretty easy. If you have any opinions on these, I'm all ears.

I'm building this as a Christmas present for my son. He LOVES Minecraft. I'm sure it will get used for homework and general messing around on the 'net too. It might be overkill, but I already own the expensive parts. And lastly, no, I'm not liquid cooling it. It's out of my price range.

Lemme know what you guys/gals think.

04X SOLD :(
02 Pathfinder
11 BMW X5
66 Mustang

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome