Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - Aggressive wheel Foresters? (merged thread)
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 06:55 AM
MarkTheShark
Forum Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuephoria View Post
Wow, the wheels add character to the Forester. I really like how the white wheels look on a red Forester. Did you try driving around with the rims on? Was their any rubbing when turning from lock-to-lock?
Yea I'm usually not a fan of white. But I thought those went really good with the red as well. And no I didnt drive with them. I didnt want to ruin my buddys tires. Because those wheels would definitely rub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post

Looks neat but that is SO going to rub. There doesn't appear to be any significant camber on the rear wheel so first bump or hard corner when the suspension compresses that wheel is going straight into the fender.

I run rather agressive camber in the rear (-2.5) on a set of 17x8.5 w 255's and it just barely touches the rubbers of the wheel arches on hard corners and I'm running a mild ET48 offset.
Yea idk if you read my post but they were my buddies wheels. We put them on just for fun. Because you are correct, there is no question that those wheels would rub.

And just a little fact for everyone. The only thing we could fit between the tire and the strut was a piece of paper. My key couldnt even make it through.

04 FXT vf39 "The Ego Killer"
Self Tuned

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome