Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - ('03-'05) P0442 error code - SOLVED!
Thread: ('03-'05) P0442 error code - SOLVED!
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 07:36 AM
brackish
Forum Member

Car Year: 2007
Car Model: forester
Transmission: auto
I'm there too....

Glad to reread the original post as I've got to take some action to deal with this code or, if not, take the vehicle out and shoot it. I have a 2007 LLbean which started having 0442 codes at about 55K coincidentally just after the dealer did a recall. The dealers representative insisted that they could not have caused it because they went nowhere with the recall that would impact the fuel system. The recall required the removal of the fuel pump so as usual, that stealership lied to me. And of course they refuse to take any responsibility.

This car has never been off road, I live in the south so it has never had the snow/salt cycle problem others have to live with. Last week at 84K I took it to a local mechanic who I trust to change the rear wheel bearings (another terrible Subaru design flaw) and asked him while he had it apart to do a smoke test. He did, twice, without charging me for either and could not detect a leak. So I'm back to the starting point, either resetting with my OBII reader every couple of hundred miles to be able to use my cruise control, or doing something about it. May try the air pressure soap bubbles method as described by the OP. Will be following all input to this subject to look for new directions to go. If there was just some way to override the cruise control disabling...........

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome