Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - SG Forester Tire Options: Master Document
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Porter
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
Contributing Member

Car Year: 2004
Car Model: Forester XT
Arrow SG Forester Tire Options: Master Document

I made an Excel file that may help you wade through the myriad tire options out there for the Forester. This list is specifically for the US market. Other countries may not have some of these particular tires, and may in fact have other, better options available.

Contained in this file is every stock-size tire currently available through Tire Rack and Discount Tire, as well as a number of 17" and 18" tire sizes to suit a variety of wheel widths. All tire sizes listed are very close to the stock 215/60R16 rolling radius.

Experiment with the drop-down menus in the header to creatively sort based on your criteria, and the list will distill itself to your requirements. The default sort order is by tire size and tire category, and I have used several conditional formatting filters to help spice up the document visually and show some differentiators within each category.

I will be adding significantly to this over time, so feel free to make suggestions of specific tire models or sizes that you would like to see added to the document.

Hopefully someone will find this useful! :D

Thanks,
Jason Porter

P.S. - An excellent tool for in-depth and visual comparison of different tire sizes is the Miata.net Tire Calculator. There is a Java version and a link to the older non-Java version for those without the Java JRE. Give it a try!

NOTE: Document now hosted online at Google Docs.

Contact me via PM or email if you would like direct access to collaboratively edit the document. Remember... none of us are as smart as ALL of us.

Link to Google Doc: Forester Tire Options - Master Document

Link to current version, Excel format: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Pkw&output=xls
Link to current version, OpenDocument format: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Pkw&output=ods

*rehosted document on Google Docs 12/30/09 (v1.3)*
*updated document 1/04/10 (v1.4)*

-Porter-
'04 F-XT Silver

I love the smell of brake pads in the morning. Smells like... victory.

Last edited by Porter; 01-04-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Updated document 1/04/10 (v1.4)

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome