Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - Stay Away from Martin Subaru, Sicklerville, NJ
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 11:12 AM
zee lee
Forum Member

Unhappy Customer Satisfaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowpoptoe
Here is the letter I sent to them...it explains all that happened...

Eric Blumberg
Vice President
MARTIN CHRYSLER JEEP SUBARU SUZUKI
2900 Route 42
P.O. Box 720
Sicklerville, New Jersey 08081

RE: Service Department Issues
2004 Subaru Forester XT
Martin Subaru, Sicklerville, New Jersey

Dear Mr. Blumberg,

I am completely dissatisfied with your Dealership in Sicklerville, New Jersey.

I scheduled an oil and filter change on my 2004 Subaru Forester XT in October 2005. When I brought my car in for the service, I was told by the Service Advisor that the oil and filter change could not be conducted, because the oil filter for my particular car was recalled by Subaru of America. I was also told to call later in the week to find out when the new filters would be in and to reschedule the appointment accordingly. I thought it was odd that I should call to check on something your Service Department needed, but nonetheless, I did so and was told that the new filters were now in stock. The oil and filter change was conducted on October 15, 2005.

About two months later, I noticed that my car was leaking oil (e.g., noticed oil spots on my driveway). I looked under the car and noticed that oil was leaking from the filter (e.g., the filter was wet with oil dripping from it). I called your Service Department and I scheduled my car for service on February 11, 2006.

Upon inspection by your Service Department on February 11, 2006, I was told that the filter was indeed leaking. I was also told that I would be charged for the oil and filter change because I was "due" (e.g. 4,000 miles had elapsed since my first visit in October 2005). I disputed this charge with the Service Advisor, but I was forced to pay the $35 for the oil and filter change.

This is unacceptable.

I did not bring my car in for an oil change, regardless if it was "due" for one or not. I brought my car in because I was sold a defective oil filter that put my engine at serious risk of damage or fire. In order to replace the defective filter, the oil needed to be changed, but I should not have been charged for it. In addition, it’s a 25 minute drive to your Dealership at which I spent a considerable amount of time on each of my three visits.

I should, at least, be refunded the $35 for my oil change.

I would like you to know that I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New Jersey and that my friends, family, and coworkers are all aware of this incident. Also, I will never again use your dealership for service or for the purchase of a new car. It’s amazing how a small incident can cause such a ripple effect. However, there is an upside to this and I would actually like to thank you for this incident. This incident gave me insight into how your dealership conducts its business, before I made the mistake of purchasing my next Subaru from you, the Subaru STI.

Sincerely,

Amazing, lose a customer for $35

I currently have a customer satisfaction issue. If it is not resolved quickly, I include the fact in the "vendor review" sections.

2003 Forester X

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome