Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - How to turn better than an STI for cheap!
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Mann Engineering
Supporting Vendor

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejg View Post
I know that the 2004 STI rear bar was 20mm (not 21mm). Can't speak for the other model years though. They are definitely all the same fitment and interchangable between years, but certainly size could vary my 1mm.

The struts were changed different model years for the STI with different valving, however, it is my understanding that the spring rates and heights stayed the same for all the model year STI's which is why nobody tries to swap stock springs between model years. It is interesting that Prodrive and Tanabe both changed spring designs for the 2005 and later model year STI because the struts have less travel and don't work well with dramatic height drops.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
Yeah I knew that the 04STI has something like that but was not sure. I know that the 07s have a 19mm because I measured it the other day when I was installing a catback system on our 07STI. I think that all these small changes make it annoying for us. :P

Regards,
Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

970 George Street Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Phone: (408) 988-6108

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome