Subaru Forester Owners Forum - View Single Post - How to turn better than an STI for cheap!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 12-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Mann Engineering
Supporting Vendor

Car Year: 2018
Car Model: Forester XT
Transmission: 6spd/8spd/Many Gears CVT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadejg View Post
The rear swaybars and springs are the same 2004-2007 STI. The front swaybar design changed in 2005 on the STI. Also, the struts are different with different hub mounting as the STI hubs were changed in 2005. They can be made to work but it requires quite a bit of effort. But as I said above, I don't recommend simply putting STI springs on the stock Forester struts.

Regards,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi
The rear bars on the 04/05/06/07 are all different rates between model years, but all with the same fitment. This means that they made damper and spring rate changes through the different model years. The 04STI uses I believe a 21mm and the 05 used a 19mm. The 06 went back to a 20mm and the 07 went back down to a 19mm again.

This is why when we were testing out the Swift Stabilizers for the STI we were trying to see how much of a difference the bars made for each model year. Because we did not want it to be at a point where the bars created any ill handling affects. So it took awhile to find the necessary model years to test the reactions on each model. Another reason why Swift did not originally want to design the bars for the STI because of the rate changes for each year. They warned us before we began any testing on the bars.

Regards,
Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

970 George Street Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Phone: (408) 988-6108

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome